2 Questions about Chops/Portofinos

Milwaukee

We are cruising on the Jewel in December and I have 2 questions about Chops and Portofino's:

1. Does anyone have recent menu's for these places posted somewhere? I tried to do a search, but only found really old ones, like from 2001.

2. If you had to pick between the 2, which one would you go to?

Thanks for your help. We just can't wait until the 2nd!

Here's a link from another thread:

Just last night, I wondered upon a Cruise Critic member's website last night, and found really good pictures of fleetwide menu's as recent as 2006. The website is http://www.thepreismans.com/.

Here is how you get to the menus...

1. Scroll down just a little and click on the "Western Caribbean" button for the Freedom of the Seas.

2. Scroll down until you get to the dining room section. This section is located right underneath the picture of the "Navigator and Freedom - nose to nose in Miami".

3. When you get to the dining room section, about three lines down you will see a link for the menus. Click it and enjoy!! I know I did!!!!

--Buzz

(critterchick again)

Although I can't remember every item, the Portofino's menu looks like what we ordered from on Serenade, and I imagine that all of the ships have the same basic menu. We didn't visit Chops, but the menu looks familiar (I recognize the crab cakes & filet mignon, LOL), so I'd say we're in for a similar treat!

As for which to choose, I guess you just have to decide what you're in the mood for - steakhouse or Italian. They're both wonderful, IMHO, and we plan to visit both. See you onboard!

When we sailed the Jewel last spring, we ate in both restaurants. DH is not a big fan of Italian food, so he ordered steak both nights and actually thought the steak served in Portofino's was better than the one in Chop's. Who knows? Might have just been that particular cut of meat.

Just to choose between the two...life is good. We have done both and here is my take on it.

I would give a slight edge to Portofino. The Spaghetti du Mare is fabulous and the Speidina is great. My daughter had the Filet in both and gave the nod to Portofino's filet. I liked the deserts better at Portofino as well.

If a grilled veal chop is your favorite go to Chops too.:)

Thanks so much for your responses! My decision is a little difficult because the only meat I eat is fish and the fish that I eat is very limited, think tuna. :) My husband is a big steak eater so I want to go to whichever he is going to get the better meal out of considering my meal probably won't be as good as his regardless where we go. Maybe we'll end up going to both as well. Who knows. I know I just can't wait to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Thanks so much for your responses! My decision is a little difficult because the only meat I eat is fish and the fish that I eat is very limited, think tuna. :) My husband is a big steak eater so I want to go to whichever he is going to get the better meal out of considering my meal probably won't be as good as his regardless where we go. Maybe we'll end up going to both as well. Who knows. I know I just can't wait to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

If you're basically a vegetarian, I'll bet you could do better at Portofino's having them make something fabulous with no meat than you could at Chops, and he could still have his filet.

I am a big time steak eater (Black Angus Ribeyes, a little over a pound, 1.5" thick, barbequed Chicago style) oops, ran away there a bit:).....I honestly preferred Portifinos to Chops so, if given one choice, it would be Portofino's. I think Portofino's would be YOUR preference as well. What the heck...go to both! :D

Archived