Carnival Ectasy With Kids

Lulie

Hello,

I am looking for anyone with kids on the Ectasy. Ours are 4 and 7 years old.

We have booked two cabins so that we have the room. My DH and DS will sleep in one and My DD and myself will be in the other...not really romantic but I think it beats four in one cabin!

Do the kids attend dinner with you? We may want to have one night without them. Also, what have you experinced with the Club Carnival.

Thanks!

PS- Did I mention that we are first time cruisers and have NO IDEA what to expect????

We were on that ship but back in 2002. I would feel uneasy about having your young kids in a different cabin. Especially in light of an emergency. It's rare that they happen but you don't want to risk a fire or list and have to get to your kids, even if they're across the hall.

I know you want romance and you can get it. Your kids will most likely enjoy Camp Carnival during the day and evening and you will have time to yourself. The post-10pm kidsitting is very reasonable priced too if you want to catch a show or go dancing or ........;)

Usually there's a kid dinner or two. As I said, it's been four years since we've been on a Carnival ship but I seem to remember that the kids have them (on Princess, the kids' dinners are in the casual buffet with a "private party" setup). You bring the kids to the dinner, sign them in, and afterwards, the counselors will bring the kids to the kids' center.

Archived