Carrying on Soda at Port Canaveral

Abneo

Hi,

I am new to the boards and have a silly questions. My wife and I will be taking our first cruise on Feb. 25th, 2007. We are both very excited, however I am a little worried about one thing. I one of those people who will go nuts without my beloved Mt.Dew. Now I know I am allowed to carry on soda with me on the ship however my dilemma is where to get the soda. We are flying from Des Moines to Orlando (We booked Air fare through Carnival) From there we will be taking the Carnival shuttle to Port Canaveral. Can someone tell me where in Port Canaveral I can run and get some cans/bottles to take on board with me. I am guessing I will either have to walk or grab a taxi (I am hoping there is time before I have to board) Or does anyone know of a place in the Orlando Airport that sells bottles/cans of pepsi products? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Abneo

First, carnival allows a reasonable amount of soda in your luggage. And if you're brave enough people smuggle rum,gin,vodka etc. in their luggage all the time, Second, Orlando is a nice airport, that to me resembles a mall, you shoud'nt have a problem, i hope i helped enjoy your cruise.

At the port there are a couple of fishing type stores you will probably be able to walk over and get what you need..Depending on how much time you have.... Althought the price will be much less than at the airport and on the boat..but don't expect a bargin...

Hi,How did you figure out that you are allowed to carry on soda?????????????????????????

I am new to the boards and have a silly questions. My wife and I will be taking our first cruise on Feb. 25th, 2007. We are both very excited, however I am a little worried about one thing. I one of those people who will go nuts without my beloved Mt.Dew. Now I know I am allowed to carry on soda with me on the ship however my dilemma is where to get the soda. We are flying from Des Moines to Orlando (We booked Air fare through Carnival) From there we will be taking the Carnival shuttle to Port Canaveral. Can someone tell me where in Port Canaveral I can run and get some cans/bottles to take on board with me. I am guessing I will either have to walk or grab a taxi (I am hoping there is time before I have to board) Or does anyone know of a place in the Orlando Airport that sells bottles/cans of pepsi products? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Abneo

How did you find out that you are allowed to carry on soda?? I need to find out as 2 teens are going to need it!!!!!!!!!!!

been to port canaver many times, and taken soda's with us. I have a carryon that holds 24 cans of soda... that might be an option. It's a softsided cooler.. anyway also I think right before the bridge or right after ther is a convience store (7-11) or something. Maybe if you tip your shuttle driver he'll stop for a few minutes.

happy sailing!

sherri

How did you find out that you are allowed to carry on soda?? I need to find out as 2 teens are going to need it!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the verbatim policy from Carnival's web site (bold is my emphasis):

"Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of nonalcoholic beverages. All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation."

So, you're definitely allowed to bring soda onboard. How much constitutes "a small quantity" or "excessive quantities" is undefined. To me, a couple 12-packs shouldn't be a problem.

Archived