Tours for Olympia, Greece

We stopped in Katakalon unexpectedly...we went here in place of Ephesus. There was no time tohire or look for a private guide...we were already on the ship. I did NOT see any taxis available. We took a ship tour to Olympia and had a great day. When we returned to the ship, we ate a late lunch at a seaside cafe near the port. It was the second one from the left as you look toward land. It was WONDEFUL> We chose that one simply because we saw the maitre de from our ship eating at a table here.annot offer the advice you neeed!

Karen

I cannot find any tours for Olympia, can anyone recomond me a good but affordable tour?

I spend almost a month checking it out and the opinon of those who had been and who like myself were searching was the only pratical way is ships tour.

I cannot find any tours for Olympia, can anyone recomond me a good but affordable tour?

Not sure if you saw this or not but Gemma Economopoulou (geconom at otenet.gr) was recommended here on the board. It's not cheap but if you can get others on your roll call to share the tour with you, if could be affordable. We thought a private tour even if a bit higher than the ship was worth the $$'s. We've booked her for next September for a 1/2 day tour.

Others have also recommended the ship tour and said it wasn't bad. Other recommendations was getting a taxi at the dock or renting a car.

If you do a search here on the board using "olympia" you may find other postings.

Good luck and enjoy your planning.

Julia

Not sure if you saw this or not but Gemma Economopoulou (geconom at otenet.gr) was recommended here on the board. It's not cheap but if you can get others on your roll call to share the tour with you, if could be affordable. We thought a private tour even if a bit higher than the ship was worth the $$'s. We've booked her for next September for a 1/2 day tour.

Julia

Gemma was an excellent guide on our recent visit to Olympia. One of our fellow passengers put together a group of 11 with her. We went the same places as the ship's tour(s) but they were in much larger groups and, because of that, moved somewhat more slowly and, possibly, did not see as much. The ancient site and the museum are not to be missed if you have any interest in this area and period.

Archived