Burbank to HNL?

Avery's mom

Booked a NON-CHANGEABLE air/cruise deal from NCL. I found out it was non-changeable after I tried to use the premium air desk and my TA said no. I was never told that I could not change my air to request a certain airline or time of day, etc.....because I bought with the cruiseline. Frankly, I am peeved:mad: . I am traveling with 2 mobility-impaired travelers and one 3 year old. Therefore, I wanted to make a request for a non-stop flight on a particular airline. I know that I would have to pay the change fee and the difference in fare. I cannot do this, I was told. So, my question is, who knows what the likely airline/time we will be subjected to is?

As I can tell.......there are NO nonstops from BUR to HNL. This is the only gateway that was available to me at booking from CA. Would they change the gateway or charter a flight? Has anyone traveled to HNL from BUR? Anyone know of someone who did? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.:)

Booked a NON-CHANGEABLE air/cruise deal from NCL. I found out it was non-changeable after I tried to use the premium air desk and my TA said no. I was never told that I could not change my air to request a certain airline or time of day' date=' etc.....because I bought with the cruiseline. Frankly, I am peeved:mad: . I am traveling with 2 mobility-impaired travelers and one 3 year old. Therefore, I wanted to make a request for a non-stop flight on a particular airline. I know that I would have to pay the change fee and the difference in fare. I cannot do this, I was told. So, my question is, who knows what the likely airline/time we will be subjected to is?

As I can tell.......there are NO nonstops from BUR to HNL. This is the only gateway that was available to me at booking from CA. Would they change the gateway or charter a flight? Has anyone traveled to HNL from BUR? Anyone know of someone who did? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.:)[/quote']

IF you booked this as a "package" with "free air", you are stuck with whatever you get-"only gateway that was available" was the hint about "free air".

Have you made final payment??? If not, you may have options, although it will be costly (you will not get your "free air" if you choose another gateway and will pay whatever the cruiseline charges). If you REALLY want a nonstop and are willing to pay the fare, book your own tickets ( ATA out of LAX will probably be the cheapest) and forget about the free air.

BUR/HNL will probably be United to SFO, then SFO to HNL. Your TA did you no favors, but I can also guess that you did not ask the correct questions. Your TA would have been able to tell you there are NO nonstops from BUR, the air was a cruiseline promotion, and you would not be able to change the air for any reason without huge upcharges. Good luck

Steve,

I told the TA that my airport preferences were SFO or LAX since they have many non-stops. They were not available for my sailing date. Since air was an inclusion I had to take whatever I could - and that was BUR. I just thought that if I then paid a bit extra I could tweak the flight a bit by using the premuim air desk as I have in the past. Since air was included, I really have no choice. It just would have been nice to know that, since now I can't even add a day on before or after. There are NO changes allowed whatsoever. Since I've paid in full, I guess I'm SOL:( .

Great Am,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have made payment - it was demanded at booking (45 days out). Naturally, if it wasn't I would have made my own air arrangements, since there is now a lower fare without the air inclusion. When I booked I was on the phone in the shed of my backyard, trying to keep it a surprise from my family. So, you are right, I was trying to get the cabins booked on a "weekend-only special" and I did not ask what I should have asked.

I assumed the same thing that you did about the flight routing, BUR-SFO-HNL. Since I live 6 hours from BUR and only 1.45 from SFO, I was hoping to just take the SFO leg to HNL, but even that seems like it won't work. I was told that if I skip the BUR leg, the entire itinerary will be cancelled. It just seems ridiculous that I have to schlep my family to BUR, pay for a hotel overnight to then fly to where I would have wanted to leave from. If it were just me I would not care - I am not that picky. However, I am traveling with my mom and MIL who cannot travel that easily. I was just trying to save them unneccesary difficulty.

Archived