turtle sanctuary in acapulco?

melika091900

has anyone ever been on this shore excursion in acapulco???

we are going on NCL star next week and we wanted to take our 6 year old on this tour. but i wasnt sure if its worth it or not...

any pics ? or comments, about this tour please let me know

thank you

they call the tour endangered baby sea turtles and city tour... at the sea turtle rescue center...

We did the Manzanillo turtle tour last December from the Carnival Spirit. We enjoyed the day, and everyone got to release a baby turtle into the sea. Kind of sad - they are so tiny to put into that powerful water! We enjoyed the little boat ride in the lagoon? area - that was much like the Florida Everglades. Lunch at a beachside restaurant was good, and from there we could walk down to the ocean where there were BIG waves along a very long stretch of beach. It was a good excursion. We wished we could have spent a longer time at the beach area after lunch. Lots of vendors there with interesting wares to buy at reasonable prices.

I would like to hear about the turtle excursion in Acapulco too. Anyone?

iwonder if its the same one in manzanillo??? but its offered in acapulco

it says in the shore excursion brochure that its 20 miles away...... no but manzanillo is farther,,

the turtle tour in manzanillo how far away was it ??? from the port in manzanillo?????

im just wondering if its maybe the same place??????

I wish someone had done this tour in acapulco before .....:confused:

I took the tour in Alcapulco last December. We were very dissapointed in the tour. After a short bus ride we came to a shed with a dishpan full of baby turtles which we were given at the shoreline and set on the sand. The babys then went into the water. We also had a box lunch. A small bottle of water, an apple and an unedable cookie. This was the first time that I have complained to the cruise line about an excursion.

I took the tour in Alcapulco last December. We were very dissapointed in the tour. After a short bus ride we came to a shed with a dishpan full of baby turtles which we were given at the shoreline and set on the sand. The babys then went into the water. We also had a box lunch. A small bottle of water, an apple and an unedable cookie. This was the first time that I have complained to the cruise line about an excursion.

oh no...that doesnt sound very good.... maybe i should re think my choice.......:confused:

• 1 month later...

Uh oh, I just booked this excursion for our trip in January

Uh oh, I just booked this excursion for our trip in January

its ok,, but you can do it on your own for free .. it costs nothing to get in the place, only for a taxi,, i didnt know that..

they take donations only at the turtle sanctuary,..

i would do it on my own instead of paying 52$ per person like we did ,,,,

it was a nice experience ,, since weve never held turtles..

i have some pics ,, if you want to see them

check out my link

any other questions , let me know

melissa

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/555967401BpRTpu?start=48

theres the link,, the pics are on page 5 and 6,,in acapulco..

Archived