Best Beaches

CruisinMama27

• 4 weeks later...

We went to Blue Monkey Beach while in Barbados. It was the only beach open due to it being a holiday, but it was beautiful! I would recommend wearing water shoes though as there are some rocks as you are getting in and out. They also have a restaurant/bar there.

• 3 weeks later...

... For me, Miami beach in Oistins is the perfect beautiful beach. Calm waters, perfect sand and azure waters. very few tourists, only gentle respectful locals. A small little bajan hut (caravan) where to get cheap beers, and fresh made foods. We love it.

You can take local minibuses from town number 10. You can even have flyingfish fry on the fishing harbour market (fun on friday nights for a party)...

There is an admission charge to the Boatyard. I was there a few years ago, and don't remember it eing extremely high. The provided some drink tokens included in the price of admission. For the cover charge, you basically get the drinks and use of the beach and water toys. I believe we had to pay for our lounge chairs. There was a band/DJ playing and food was available. We had a great day there and plan to return next week!

I visited the Boatyard site and couldn't find any information about the fee to enter. Does anyone know how much it is? Also, it sounded like if you went on the catamaran sail, they would drop you off there and the fee would be waived. Does anyone know if that's right?

Beachbuddy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been to the boatyard once on my last Southern Carribean Cruise. I can't give you an exact price, but I do know that the prices were reasonable. The beach was very clean and not very crowded. We took a taxi there but walked back to the port. The price includes a free drink coupon and use of thier water trampoline (etc.):D HAVE FUN!!

We were just there. It costs $15. It includes a drink, a chair, (I'm not sure about the umbrella, I think its included) and a ride back to the boat. It is within walking distance, about 15 minutes.

My mom and I decided we could lay on the sand on our towels for free and then walk back. If you want the free beach, just walk a little farther and there is a public access. It is a beautiful beach. Fine, white sane, and aqua blue water. It is swallow for a longs ways out.

We went to Pebbles Beach which is next to the Hilton Hotel, not far from Georgetown. It was a lovely beach with some new changing facilities. We did want to see the turtle beach which apparently is beyond the Hilton Hotel beach, but we didn't manage to access that as Hilton Hotel had managed to block access to their beach by a load of thorn bushes. However, Pebbles Beach suited us - quiet and very beautiful. No charge that we were aware of!

Archived