Fantasy...What's the weather like?

shhhhh

We are planning a cruise out of NO the week after Thanksgiving. Ports: Cozumel & Costa Maya) What will the temperature be like? Will the water still be comfortable to swim in?

You can go to www.weather.com to the Travel Smart page and they have a destination finder that will give you all sorts of information as to average temperatures, etc. Another site that I like to look at is www.weathercarib.com It has a lot of information.

We've taken cruises the week you're talking about for the past few years and will be this year as well. We've always had gorgeous weather! The water never seems to cool down too much, compared to the mainland.

We just got off the Fantasy from N.O. ON the return trip from Conzumel it got cooler as we got closer to N.O. The last day at sea was really cool (not like today, but cool). I would think with the weather as it is today and later this week, it will be cool on deck. I would take the swimsuit for the trip there, but on the return, I doubt you will need it. Yes, a jacket at night is a must. My husband almost bought himself a sweatshirt!

Hi everyone. My first time posting. I am sailing on Fantasy Jan.22nd. I too am worried about the weather--not in Cozumel, but on sea days. Are we far enough south to don the swimsuits, or do I need to pack a sweater? In NO on day one I know it will be cool. But what about days 2 and 5?

Last day might be a little cooler... and first afternoon might be cooler, but shouldn't be too bad. The ports should be fine, and very warm.

Hi everyone. My first time posting. I am sailing on Fantasy Jan.22nd. I too am worried about the weather--not in Cozumel, but on sea days. Are we far enough south to don the swimsuits, or do I need to pack a sweater? In NO on day one I know it will be cool. But what about days 2 and 5?

We took the Thanksgiving cruise out of New Orleans in 2004 on the Sensation and the weather was wonderful.

Remember that even New Orleans itself is a toss up. It could be 32 degrees or 60. However chilly or cold (or somewhere inbetween) it is at New Orleans...by the next morning, you should be able to lay out by the pool from that time until the last night of the cruise.

Of course, it is the weather and therefore unpredictable.

Have a great cruise.

I just checked the weather for New Orleans for our departure on

Saturday. The weather is to be sunny and a high of 68 for the day but the low that night is 40. I am sure it will be quite cool on the river by the time we get to sailaway but it should be a beautiful day. The highs for Cozumel when we get there will be in the lower 80's.

Archived