Canopy Tour Los Veranos Questions

Kmack

We are about to make reservations with them but still have a few questions before finalizing.

I noticed on the form it asks whether you would like the shuttle to pick you up from Canopy Office, Nuevo Vallarta, or Mismaloya. At the bottom of the form - the recommend that cruisers be picked up from the Canopy Office. I just wanted to verify if that was the quickest and best way to get there? I wasn't sure if Nuevo Vallarta would be closer to the cruise docks?

Also - if our ship gets there at 9, what would be a safe time to start the tour? If we say 10, does that mean we have to be at the Canopy office at 10 or at the actual Canopy Jungle site by 10?

One last question - how long would the entire excursion take? Would we still have time to walk around the town if our ship leaves at 5 p.m.???

We are about to make reservations with them but still have a few questions before finalizing.

I noticed on the form it asks whether you would like the shuttle to pick you up from Canopy Office, Nuevo Vallarta, or Mismaloya. At the bottom of the form - the recommend that cruisers be picked up from the Canopy Office. I just wanted to verify if that was the quickest and best way to get there? I wasn't sure if Nuevo Vallarta would be closer to the cruise docks?

Yes it is! It is about a 15 minute taxi ride from the ship!

Also - if our ship gets there at 9, what would be a safe time to start the tour? If we say 10, does that mean we have to be at the Canopy office at 10 or at the actual Canopy Jungle site by 10?

You will want to book no earlier than 11:00. PV time is one hour ahead of ship time. You will need to be at the Canopy Office by 11:00.

One last question - how long would the entire excursion take? Would we still have time to walk around the town if our ship leaves at 5 p.m.???

The ride to the zip lines is about a 30 minute ride into the jungle. Very fun. The zip lines are about an hour then you can relax and have a few margaritas or lunch at the restaurant (very good food and drinks!) You can swim in the river if you like and there are water slides too! Stay as long as you like. We then took a taxi into town (asked to be dropped at Hooters) and then walked along the main strip and saw the statues, then had drinks at Carlos O'Brian's. Made it back to the ship by about 5 (but our ship didn't leave until 10:00 and we were taking our time!)

You can see our pictures by clicking the link below and then selecting the Puerto Vallarta Album!

You will have a great time! ;)

:p We took this tour last year and had a blast - absolutely wonderful. Can't recommend enough. Best bet is to take a cab to the Canopy office and be there by 10:00. They will shuttle you to the site. Along the way, you pass Mismayloma, etc. It is quite a distance. Get the best, very best, bug repellent you can get. They were terrible. But that being said, we had a great time. After we finished, we enjoyed beer and lunch at the river side while the kids played in the river. I am returning in February and am already planning on revisiting this tour.

Sallye

Yes, the best place to be picked up is at the Canopy office. The Mismaloya location is for those staying at the hotel there. I would recommend the 11 am tour. If your ship is an hour behind PV time, this really means 10 am. You should get to the canopy office about 15 mins. before to check in...so about 9:45 am. I had the 11 am tour and got off the ship at 9:15 and made it to the office (via yellow taxi) in plenty of time. The entire zip lining takes an hour and a half, and you can hang out at the restaurant for an hour and the truck will take you back.

I just booked with them today for Nov 26th their sites tells you if you are coming in on a cruise ship book at eleven or after. they told me (via email) that from pick up at office to return at office is approx 4 hours I needed to know because I was also booking a massage at a hotel. I emailed them several times with different questions and they answered all of them I am super afraid of heights and asked if I could not make it could I stop and get down they told me sure but once I started I would love it

My scared-to-death-of-heights husband and our daughter did this last year and it was the absolute highlight of their entire cruise! Wavecruiser has given excellent time guidelines.

Be prepared for them to offer to let you go again for half price! The only reason Tom & Janet didn't go again was because it wasn't a ship's tour and they wanted to be extra sure to return to the ship in time.

BTW I did the ship's tour of Swimming with the Dolphins in PV and I can't recommend it highly enough either!!! It was amazing to touch those bodies with their velvet skin and rock hard muscles underneath. You wear life vests, so as long as you are comfortable in the water, you are good.

Have a great time!!!!!

Beth et all.

Archived