Princess Has Just Raised the Prices of the 2008 World Cruise a Lot!!!

JotWorld

Which suite do you have ? We had one in Tahiti years ago on the TP.

Get some tips on the closets. They are huge, but not well designed.. For a cruise that long I would want to customize my space. Its definitely a comfy place to call home for three months !

Thanks for the Heads up, but I don't think we will have enough clothes or suitcases to fill all those closets & Drawers.:eek: :D

We got OS 6091, our Fav, we like the Starboard Aft Corner, & the Deck 6 OS have the Largest(Deepest) Balconies, as they step out as they come down from the same Aft Wall, 8, 7 & 6. 968 sq ft I believe, which is bigger than the Condo we sold in Florida.:D :eek:

Yup, it will definitely be like home for almost 15 weeks, close to 4 Months!:eek: My Best! Bill LIVE ON THE LOVELY CORAL PRINCESS!

Ok, after your note above, I got back with the FCC, this AM, & pulled together some Real #'s, there are 150 Cabins avail, in on state or another, (in Princess's hands or TAs' hands). 185 Sold with Paid $4,000.00 Deposits or more if more than 2 in a Cabin. Also another $4,000.00 Deposit will be Due in June 07, I'm told, this is typical of All the WC's. So 335/185 = 55.22%, (Not 78% & Not 45%, but you were closer) He was counting the TA Holds I guess! They Expect to be sold out By Early Spring at the Latest! My Best! Bill LIVE ON THE CORAL

IMHO I don;t believe they will sell out at all and certainly not by spring time either. That's a lot of inventory based on the average cabin rate to move....that's why I am playing the wait and see game until a couple of months prior to sailing and after final deposits are due.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Aside from that kind of cost being way out of our league...I don't know that we could do 102 days on a cruise.

We've been debating 19 day reposition on the Coral from FLL to Vancouver. We're not sure that isn't a little long for us.

But if, as you say, you are only interested in the experience and joy of the cruise, 102 days will be like a dream come true!

Hope you have a great time...and of course find time to let us know what a good time you are having.

Tom and Deb:)

Always enjoy your fun comments & Excellent Serious ones also, on this Board! :)

I'll be doing a Live for Sure if I'm Still A Live myself!;)

However, I'll miss a few days now & than if We take any of the Multi day Land tours, to the Great Wall, Taj Mahal, Pyramids, etc., but will catch up when back onboard for one of those, 60(SIXTY, WOW) days at Sea.:D

My Best & thanks for stopping by! Bill Live on the Coral!

IMHO I don;t believe they will sell out at all and certainly not by spring time either. That's a lot of inventory based on the average cabin rate to move....that's why I am playing the wait and see game until a couple of months prior to sailing and after final deposits are due.

Tony

How much interest can you get on the $2,000 in one year, Not even as much as the Price increase:D , this is one bet, I believe, for Certain you will lose.;)The gambling rules are different for the World Cruises, They go up & sell out, Not down & unsold! I'd give you 10 to 1 odds, you'll be left holding the bag, if I were a betting man, but I'm not!

And Selling Out? No question about it, All WC's sell out almost a year in advance, do some research, I have!;) The Best Itinerary; No Segs; 1st Time Princess Full WC; coming back from Southhampton on the QM2; the Lovely, Larger Minis & Balcs & even the Few Insides are Huge; only 670 PAXs, WOW, what is there not to like! If you want on this WC, you better put your money down NOW!(IMHO) Or, I'll be doing the Princess WC Live, all by myself, & I Need your help!:D My Best! Bill LIVE ON THE CORAL PRINCESS

How much interest can you get on the $2,000 in one year, Not even as much as the Price increase:D , this is one bet, I believe, for Certain you will lose.;) I'd give you 10 to 1 odds if I were a betting man, but I'm not!

And Selling Out? No question about, All WC's sell out almost a year in advance, do some research, I Have!;) The Best Itinerary; No Segs; 1st Time Princess Full WC; coming back from Southhampton on the QM2; the Lovely, Larger Minis & Balcs & even the Few Insides are Huge; only 670 PAXs, WOW, what is there not to like! If you want on this WC you better put you money down now!(IMHO) Or, I'll be doing the Princess WC Live, all by myself, & I Need your help!:D My Best! Bill LIVE ON THE CORT

You underestimate T bro and I am sort of a betting woman .;)

While not a 102 day cruise, we recently booked a 31 night cruise onboard the Sun Princess, Sydney to San Francisco, leaving 4/7/08. We booked 19 months in advance.

We received a flyer from Princess that had some great prices, about $4900pp with the same price applying to any balcony cabin. I was amazed at the price and called the travel agent. She gave me a price of about $4200pp and I couldn't pass it up. I booked immediately.

Now, remembering that we are 19 months in advance of this cruise, I was amazed when the travel agent said she had only 3 balcony cabins left in her inventory. She was already almost sold out of her available lot of cabins. Some friends booked with us and we took her last 3 balcony cabins.

I was curious about her having only three balcony cabins available so far in advance of the cruise, so about a week later I went to the Princess website to check on this cruise further. At that time, all suites, mini-suites, and balcony cabins were now waitlisted. In addition, most of the outside cabins were also waitlisted.

This cruise was almost sold out 19 months in advance. I checked the prices and balcony cabins were now listed at $5400+pp.

So I guess the supply/demand issue definately causes prices to go up.

Denny

Hi Denny, that is a Very good Example, of one of the Most popular exotic cruises of Princess.;) We tried the 2007 Sapphire of that one 29 Days Syd to LAX, I believe, & we were a few months late 15 Months out, & there was nothing but inside cabins available! So we booked the 34 Day Pacific Princess SYD to Hawaii, when it can out later, because of Good sales in that market. & added 10 Days to Vancouver & (2) Alaska (RT) to make it a 58 Day Mega-Cruise, in preparation for the 102 WC in 2008.:D

Thank you for your good example! Bill LIVE FROM THE CORAL PRINCESS!

If this cruise sells out, it gives me hope that there will be one in 2009. Anyone heard anything about that yet???

I would love to do a 102 day cruise and also like the option of not taking on new passengers in segs....this is a dream cruise and I can't wait to hear your experiences....

I cannot even imagine this 1st one of Princess won't sell out & sell out very early. I believe, Princess knows this also, as they have raised the Prices & taken away the TA Discounts (We got over $9,800 disc on our Cabin & My TA Doesn't even list it any more for sale, as he can't get a Discount on it any more!

We look forward to sharing our World Cruise experiences with the Members of CC.

Thank you! Bill

LIVE ON THE LOVELY CORAL PRINCESS!

I can just see it now...."Live from the 102 day cruise." Are you up for that Bill? We have really enjoyed the Live Coral cruise you have been taking us on.

You Bet! & Thank you!

My Best! Bill

LIVE ON THE CORAL AT SEA TO :( :( :( !

We will be taking the 29 night Princess Sapphire on April 17,2007 out of Sydney. We are new to Princess- we've already sailed 23 times on Royal Carib and 13 times on Celebrity with four more bookings made on Royal Carib.

Just wondering about the number of formal nights on a 29 night Princess sailing. Thanks for any info.

I have been checking with my TA about a 2009 World Cruise and he spoke to his Princess Rep who said they have a 'place holder' for a Spring 2009 World Cruise - and they should determine if they will have one by Spring or Summer of 2007....so still keeping my fingers crossed but it is looking good.

I have been checking with my TA about a 2009 World Cruise and he spoke to his Princess Rep who said they have a 'place holder' for a Spring 2009 World Cruise - and they should determine if they will have one by Spring or Summer of 2007....so still keeping my fingers crossed but it is looking good.

I think Princess should have a World Cruise every year, as long as the Demand keeps up.;)

Thanks for the info!:)

My Best!

Bill

Archived