NCL age restrictions on excursions .

melika091900

im just curious why are there many beach excursions in ixtapa and they ALL have a 8 year old age limit.... why ???? im so upset that we cant book a shore excursion in ixtapa that we want because the child has to be 8..

all the excursion does is take you to a beach,, what the heck,,

i wanted to book it with the ship so we wouldnt have to worry about the time getting back since we arent there that long... at that port . our daughter is a big 6 year old..

has anyone talked to NCL on the ship and they let them book it ???

i wonder why such restrictions like that...

just venting, i still love NCL !!!!:)

im just curious why are there many beach excursions in ixtapa and they ALL have a 8 year old age limit.... why ???? im so upset that we cant book a shore excursion in ixtapa that we want because the child has to be 8..

all the excursion does is take you to a beach,, what the heck,,

i wanted to book it with the ship so we wouldnt have to worry about the time getting back since we arent there that long... at that port . our daughter is a big 6 year old..

has anyone talked to NCL on the ship and they let them book it ???

i wonder why such restrictions like that...

just venting, i still love NCL !!!!:)

Now im not implying this on your 6 year old, but many times children under 8 (even over 8) can be very annoying and disruptive and perhaps the cruise line wants to keep some kind of peace on the beach(or it could be a nude beach, hey im just sayin').....my advice, put your kid in the kids program on that day and enjoy the beach yourselvs and your kid will have a ball

yeah thats true.. but i just always thought of the beach for kids its a good excursion for them,,

but i guess we can just do it on our own..

i would never leave my daughter in the kids club while we went to the beach.. the vacation is for her to enjoy too,she loves the water.. :)

Two possibilities that I can think of (not that either is necessarily correct):

The facility itself has a minimum age.

Liability issues. It could be that for insurance reasons they're required to have a certain minimum age.

Since you just want to go to a beach, have you checked the ports of call board for any recommendations of a place you can go independently.

yeah i checked out the beaches we can go to,,iwas just concerned in ixtapa

since we are onlythere until 200pm,i dont want to be late getting back to the ship. i would rather be on an excursion... so its their time..

but we will manage...:D

Are you sure there is a restriction and not just no price break for kids?

Not allowing a kid on a beach shore excursion seems pretty stupid to me. Can you imagine going to the beach at home and telling your kid he/she has to wait in the car.:)

exactly...

no it says minimum age to participate in this excursion is 8 years old

i was like ok.. thats stupid..i might call NCL and see why... i know we can always go there on our own,but like i said in ixtapa we arent there long and i would rather be on a tour.since its timed... and we will get to the ship in the right amount of time...

Are you sure there is a restriction and not just no price break for kids?

Not allowing a kid on a beach shore excursion seems pretty stupid to me. Can you imagine going to the beach at home and telling your kid he/she has to wait in the car.:)

I looked and found no age restrictions for the beach tours :confused: Most included Coronas all day :eek: I checked the new site and the PDFs. Those combined with other activities like horseback riding did.

Totally confused :confused: :confused:

Here are the details

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/downloads/tours/mx_star_tour_06-07.pdf

in ixtapa

isla ixtapa in the shore excursion book,it says participants must be 8 years of age

and the reef snorkel and jungle tour.. it says the same thing and its from a beach,, your not snorkeling off a boat... so i was a lil confused

yeah the corona one , i wouldnt take a kid on..

we wanted to go to isla ixtapa .... i guess we will do it on our own

in ixtapa

isla ixtapa in the shore excursion book,it says participants must be 8 years of age

and the reef snorkel and jungle tour.. it says the same thing and its from a beach,, your not snorkeling off a boat... so i was a lil confused

yeah the corona one , i wouldnt take a kid on..

we wanted to go to isla ixtapa .... i guess we will do it on our own

Reef Snorkel and jungle tour is not a beach excursion thus our confusion, The Corona one has no age restriction, what ever beach you go to there will be adults drinking Coronas.

yeah i just dont know why we cant book the isla ixtapa tour, with NCL.. since the age restriction, i might call them and ask, to see why we cant ;

we wanted to do a tour because we arent there long, and at least if we are on a tour we will be on time getting back to the ship.....

we will see what happens, in 4days !! whooo hoooooo

XIH_10_IslaIxtapa-(4).jpgIsla Ixtapa

Approximate Duration: 4 hours hours

Activity Details:

Adult Pricing From: $55

Join this delightful island getaway. Begin with a short ride to Playa Linda, where a small boat is waiting to transport you to charming Isla Ixtapa, a wonderfully preserved island where the exotic plants and animals are still in existence. The island is located just north of the main Ixtapa beach and fringed by beautiful beaches, practically free of surf. While on the island, take a swim or lounge on the beautiful beach to improve your tropical suntan. Soft drinks and a delicious lunch of fresh fish will be served (may be substituted by chicken or steak with a 48-hour notice). Snorkel equipment is available for rent. Note: Participants must be at least 8 years of age.

Archived