What ship would have it been in August 2001 out of LA

Sue L

My daughter was taken on a four day cruise the first week in August in 2001 for a sweet sixteen party out of LA. Now that we are currently making RCCL our cruiseline of choice I called C & A to get her signed up and they have to have the ship's name to look for her name and my daughter doesn't remember. The C & A person was not helpful at all.

I already called the parents who took them and the other girls that we knew from the trip , 5 of them and no one remembers. I am hoping with all the long time cruisers on this board someone can remember the ship that would have been there at that time. The only thing we know for certain is that is was RCCL

Thanks in advance

Sue

My daughter was taken on a four day cruise the first week in August in 2001 for a sweet sixteen party out of LA. Now that we are currently making RCCL our cruiseline of choice I called C & A to get her signed up and they have to have the ship's name to look for her name and my daughter doesn't remember. The C & A person was not helpful at all.

I already called the parents who took them and the other girls that we knew from the trip , 5 of them and no one remembers. I am hoping with all the long time cruisers on this board someone can remember the ship that would have been there at that time. The only thing we know for certain is that is was RCCL

Thanks in advance

Sue

could be wrong, but i think it was :confused:

Eric and Alexis,

Thanks for the info, the name threw me because I thought all the ships were "something of the seas"

Maybe, now someone can clear this up since she had a cruise credit from that cruise do we also get her credit. Very confused on how all this works.

Viking Serenade is currenly Island Escape, in Europe.

Before going to RCCL, she was Stardancer of Admiral Cruise Lines, which was the successor to Sundance Cruises, which incidentally was started by Stan McDonald, the fellow who had started Princess Cruises several years before.

Ah! Since the Viking Serenade was my honeymoon ship, she will always be one of our favorites. Not as fancy as the ships that are sailing around now (balcony? what balcony?), but she sure was fun. I am just sad it took us another 12 years to get on another cruise.

Glad that the credit has been found! We had to do the same thing when we booked Legend in 2004 and I didn't know what our C & A numbers were. I just gave them the ship name & dates and all was good.

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/RCI_VikingSerenadePCs.html#anchor519662

Ah! Since the Viking Serenade was my honeymoon ship, she will always be one of our favorites. Not as fancy as the ships that are sailing around now (balcony? what balcony?), but she sure was fun. I am just sad it took us another 12 years to get on another cruise.

Glad that the credit has been found! We had to do the same thing when we booked Legend in 2004 and I didn't know what our C & A numbers were. I just gave them the ship name & dates and all was good.

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/RCI_VikingSerenadePCs.html#anchor519662

thank you so much for that link, now you want hear a real coincidence. My husband and I met while working at Pan Am in 1981. While there they offered airline employees a 3 day cruise for 99$, it was a shake down cruise from Ny to Freeport in the Bahamas. It was on the Scandanavia, which after a couple of transfers became the Viking Serenade.

This all means, the my husband (not even yet boyfriend) and my first cruise was on the same ship that my daughter took her first cruise on 20 years later.

We just figured all this out when we saw the link. How weird is that?

Sue

thank you so much for that link, now you want hear a real coincidence. My husband and I met while working at Pan Am in 1981. While there they offered airline employees a 3 day cruise for 99$, it was a shake down cruise from Ny to Freeport in the Bahamas. It was on the Scandanavia, which after a couple of transfers became the Viking Serenade.

This all means, the my husband (not even yet boyfriend) and my first cruise was on the same ship that my daughter took her first cruise on 20 years later. We just figured all this out when we saw the link. How weird is that?"

I think that this coincidence is just wonderful----you will have a great story to tell on every cruise you go on!

Leslie

Scandinavia was built in 1982, so it must have been a little later than 1981. She was purchased by Sundance Cruises in 1985 and the name changed to Stardancer.......she was a repalcement for Sundancer which was holed and sank just north of Campbell River, British Columbia in 1984.

Scandinavia was built in 1982, so it must have been a little later than 1981. She was purchased by Sundance Cruises in 1985 and the name changed to Stardancer.......she was a repalcement for Sundancer which was holed and sank just north of Campbell River, British Columbia in 1984.

Sorry for the confusion hubby and I met in 1981 , the cruise was May 1983, I went and dug out the pictures.

• 2 years later...
Eric and Alexis,

Thanks for the info, the name threw me because I thought all the ships were "something of the seas"

Maybe, now someone can clear this up since she had a cruise credit from that cruise do we also get her credit. Very confused on how all this works.

You will not get her credit. All members of the same household are linked together and they all receive the status of the person with the highest individual amount. So they look at each person separately for status and then apply it to everyone.

I learned this the hard way recently. My credits online were correct. Then I sailed without my husband recently and my cruise was posted, but my credits did not increase. I couldn't figure it out. I called and they said I had 16 credits because my husband had 16 credits, but I only had 14. Funny since we have only cruised together. So I had to go back and figure out which ones I was missing. Not too hard. They were very pleasant about getting it straightened out.

Archived