Radiance AFT

sdear

Some friends of ours booked a cruise on short notice and got an AFT cabin...9256 on Radiance in a few weeks ! To me, it looks like they got lucky and hit a GREAT cabin !!

I did a search and tried to find some pictures to show them, but only found pictures of the back of the ship. Does anyone have any pictures they could share of Radiance aft cabins ? They are so excited !

Sure wish I was going too !!! :p

The interior of the D-1 cabins are all the same dimensions, but it's the balconies and the view aft that make the difference, IMHO. We have stayed in JS1100, which is right above 9256. The cabin is quite a bit larger, but the view form 9256 is about the same and the balcony is nearly as large:

http://community.webshots.com/album/548908218rSJtnN

You can also find pictures of 1602 and 1600, a JS & GS, respectively, in my photo albums.

If you do a search on community webshots for "Radiance Balcony," there are some great photos of 9256, inside & out. Start here:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1176263968027602903EVPDSJ

Your friends did indeed luck out!

Thank you all for the input...and the pics !

They are so excited they can't stand it. At work the other day we pulled up RCI site so she could show me which room..and i said..."you just don't know what a great room you got ! " They just booked it about 2 weeks ago for 12/17 . She really had no clue what she was getting except she said it was on the back of the boat so I told her to show me on the diagram haha.

I am very happy for them......they just got married in May..so this is sort of a honeymoon for them !

It's nice to see people get lucky like that now and then !! And they got a GREAT price !!

Is cabin 9256 the only D1 cabin on the ship with a balcony that huge? Or are the other balconies on the decks below it the same size, and are they also D1s or JS?

9256 has the widest balcony, some of the other D1s on the back of the ship have long narrow balconies. The balcony on deck 8 and 7 below 9256 get smaller and smaller as you go down. The cabin above 9256 is 1100 which is a Junior Suite, and I think their balcony was only slightly bigger if not the same size.

They say that 9256 is great and all, but we've stayed in 8168 and the balcony is almost identical. We checked the room out before we left the ship. We have 9256 coming up on the Jewel and we're happy, but I think they are bascially the same. The balcony on 9256 maybe a foot or twp wider is all.

Archived