7 ships in port paradise beach?

luvmykidz

Just checked and there will be 7 ships in port that day. Was planning to do Paradise beach that day. What do you experts think?

If you think it will be crazy crowded what beach would you suggest for family with 5 and 7 year old? We just want to beach bum it. Kids are not comfortable snorkeling yet.

Thanks in advance

Just checked and there will be 7 ships in port that day. Was planning to do Paradise beach that day. What do you experts think?

If you think it will be crazy crowded what beach would you suggest for family with 5 and 7 year old? We just want to beach bum it. Kids are not comfortable snorkeling yet.

Thanks in advance

Just a few questions to try to get you a better answer, when will you be there, is your ship first or last in port that day?

Thanks for your reply. I didn't even think to check the times. All the ships seem to get in between 7 and 10. Our ship gets in at 10:30. What was interesting is that they all leave by around 6 (there may have been one leaving at 7) Ours leaves at 10:00 pm. The date is Jan. 31

Thanks for your reply. I didn't even think to check the times. All the ships seem to get in between 7 and 10. Our ship gets in at 10:30. What was interesting is that they all leave by around 6 (there may have been one leaving at 7) Ours leaves at 10:00 pm. The date is Jan. 31

Not sure what ship you will be on, but you could try Paradise beach, if it seems too crowded, you could go right next door to San Fran as they are right next to each other. Peoples perception of crowded and not can very greatly, I have some pics of PB in early afternoon, with 4 ships in that day to give you a idea. Drop me an email and I'll get them to ya.

I would think that with 7 ships in port, it will be a very busy day at Paradise Beach that day! Might I suggest that if you are wanting just a relaxing beach day that you check and see if your ship is offering the PASSION ISLAND excursion. It is a wonderful, relaxing beach day w/ plenty of food, drink and SPACE! It is beautiful there and although it may cost a little more ,IMHO it is well worth it! Happy Cruising!

You can still try Paradise Beach. Just because there are 4-7 ships in port that day doesn't mean everyone will go to Paradise Beach. If you're taking a taxi there ask them if it cost extra to go and see. Have a few other places you might like to go to.

I think you'll find Paradise Beach even with 7 ships in port probably won't be crowded and like others have said San Francisco beach is right next door if it is.

Luvmykidz,

I would definitely still go to Paradise Beach. There were 6 ships in port when I was in coz last March. I got off the Carnival Miracle hopped into a taxi and went directly to PB. I couldn't believe it!!! I was actually the FIRST person there for the day! The staff was still raking the sand getting it picture perfect for the upcoming guests. (I almost felt guilty putting my footprints through it, but needed to get to a lounge chair:-)

I relaxed in the sun for about 2 hoursbefore 1 by 1 other cruisers started to arrive. I had a beach massage, then went upstairs for lunch at the Terrace restaurant which overlooks the beach. As I was having lunch, I looked out over the beach and noticed that it still didn't seem very crowded. Not sure if you've ever been to PB but it's a very long beach that's also quite wide so there's room for LOTS of guests. Also: The way in which they arrange their loungechairs keeps it very spacious & comfortable. (you won't feel "sandwhiched- in" here like you do at the pool on your ship).

I also noticed that when I was just finishing my lunch most of those who had arrived earlier were packing there things up to go on to their next activity for the day which left the beach very quiet once again. Then, just as I had seen earlier, another wave of cruisers started to arrive.

Seems to me that it would be safe to arrive at PB either early in the morning, or very early in the afternoon (just after lunch) to be assured of finding a minimal crowd. One things for sure . . . . PB has a TON of loungechairs so you shouldn't have to worry about finding one of those (no matter how crowded the beach might be).

As Ken mentioned, If PB is too crowded for you to enjoy you can always walk next door to San Fransisco Beach. (literally only about a dozen footsteps from PB).

I certainly wouldn't sacrifice missing a day at PB just for fear that it might be too crowded.

Go, Have fun, relax & enjoy!

Annie

Archived