Room Service?

KingsDude

Cruised the Fantasy in April and room service was very efficient. Ordered breakfast (bagels, coffee and juice) and it was there in a matter of minutes. Also had the roast beef and brie sandwich which was great. Open 24 hours a day. As for tipping, a buck or two a visit works.

Helpful hint: If you order coffee, that is all you get (comes in a big carafe). Make sure to specify cream, sugar, sweetner if you need it otherwise you won't get it. Same goes for condiments for sandwiches and breakfast.

Yep, room service is great on Carnival. I call the minute I wake up, and the coffee's there within 5 min. (There's also a little door hanger you can put out at night, and your order will be delivered at whatever time you specify.) I prefer to call when I wake up. As suggested above, $1 or $2 tip.

I agree. The roast beef and brie on baguette is absolutely wonderful! As are the crudites and bleu cheese dip!

I too have always had great luck with room service. We call in the morning for warm bagels, cream cheese and coffee for our pre-breakfast.

We'll go up on deck and get a made-to-order omelete later but for now that's a great start!

Later, we'll end the day with a movie in-cabin with the whole fam and some room service, usually to include a BLT and some cookies for sure.

Are there any circumstances where you might be able to get a real dinner from the dining room delivered to your cabin? Or "to go" if you'd just like to watch the sun set from your balcony dining on a nice meal??

Tngirl ~ There is no charge for milk, tea, coffee, lemonade, juice from room service, but soft drinks are not complimentary anywhere on the ship. (Your cabin will have a half dozen bottles of Cokes, etc. available for a charge - like $2.50 each!) Hint: Take your own, and ask your room steward to remove the other ones when you first get into your cabin.) That's what I do.:)

Pholter ~ No delivery of 'real meals' to your cabin...sorry. However, you CAN go to the dining room (or Lido buffet) for takeouts, and enjoy them in your cabin.

Cruised the Fantasy in April and room service was very efficient. Ordered breakfast (bagels, coffee and juice) and it was there in a matter of minutes. Also had the roast beef and brie sandwich which was great. Open 24 hours a day. As for tipping, a buck or two a visit works.

Helpful hint: If you order coffee, that is all you get (comes in a big carafe). Make sure to specify cream, sugar, sweetner if you need it otherwise you won't get it. Same goes for condiments for sandwiches and breakfast.

floridaboyz...

Seems to me if your service was THAT great you'd have tipped "MORE"!!

and..

"I" would have complained about the sweeteners if I were you!LOL

Just back from Elation today! Room service in the am was wonderful, fill out your card the night before, stick it on your doorhandle and they wake you up with coffee, and whatever else you ordered. The other times we ordered room service, they were there very quickly. Even had it today, debarkation! Can't get going without my coffee. And even though I ordered black, they sent all the extra stuff with it.

Archived