Filing For Divorce from Jamica Destination Wedding

Micheline

My husband and I got married 6 weeks ago in Jamaica. He just told me he wants out of the marriage and I suspect he has been cheating on me.

We recieved our copis of the marriage certificate so I know that we are indeed legally married. We reside in Georgia right now but I think we have to file for a divorce through Jamaica. Does anyone know anything about this or have any info they can share with me??

Thanks so much.

I would check with your local county Clerk of the Circuit Courts. I thought that once you obtained you license from Jamacia that you had to file that with your own County Clerk. If that is the case then you will go through them for your divorce papers as well. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. If it helps I too had a simular situation happen to me a little over 2 years ago. I know how hard it is to just get married and then have to deal with telling everyone that you are getting a divorce. If you need to talk just e-mail me chloe327@tampabay.rr.com

Thank you so much everyone for the help and kind words. Thankfully we sat down an talk and we are working on saving the marriage. He hasn't be cheating on me- I just need to remember to think for myself and not get caught up in what others tell me. Thanks everyone!

Archived