Swimming with Dolphins - what about parents watching

obladi1

My daughter wants to swim with the Dolphins on our cruise. While I'm sure I would enjoy it also, I'd rather buy something with the same money. Does anyone know if there is a charge for spectators on the excursions either direct or through the cruise line? Also which is the best one to chose.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

The only thing you would have to pay for is entrance to Chankanaab Park which is $16 each and they do not take credit cards- cash only. Taxi each way is another $10 .

Once inside the park you can follow along,watch the pre tour educational video that they play and then out to watch. You just walk along a long pier to the lagoon and they are good about letting you get photos even though of course they are taking a lot too- which are very expensive. The DVD was $100 and the photos (if you buy them all were another $100). I spent $160,figured it was a once in a lifetime thing,which my grandson then left in the taxi on the way back.......arrgh!

Be sure and take water shoes for those doing the program,you are standing on this submerged metal grille for about 45 mins+ and it KILLS your feet.

It is expensive but so thrilling. For us it was the highlight of our cruise.:)

We booked direct with dolphindiscovery.com it was much cheaper than through the ship. This is the same company that the cruiseline books with.

If you go independently be sure and allow for a couple of hours there and then plenty of time to get back by taxi to the ship. Taxi ride only takes about 15mins along the beach road.

If you can,book the Royal Swim for your daughter- you get to swim with,get pulled and propelled along by the dolphins. The foot push is so exciting. You swim out a few feet,wait, and on a signal from the trainer the dolphins approach at speed,circle underneath you and then lift you up and take you along with them. You also get to cuddle,kiss and generally interact. We all thought it was just wonderful.

You don't need to be a strong swimmer.:)

Archived