cave-tubing.com or belizecruiseexcursions.com which is better for cave tubing

GINNY L

I am looking into cave tubing in belize. I see many threads out there for Cave-tubing.com but not for belizecruiseexcursions.com with extreme tubing. Has anybody tried both or the belize cruise one? The latter of the two said that they go through two caves.

Does anybody out there know which is better?

We just came back from cave tubing and zip lining. We used Nacho and Cynthia and were extremely pleased with their tour. It was a great day! There were only 7 of us on the cave tour. We had 2 guides one of which was Cynthia. We saw other groups with 20 to 30 people with only 1 guide. There are 2 caves that you go through. Total time inside the caves is about 45 minutes. The distance between caves is only a few minutes. The water is refreshing especially after the 20 minute hike (easy) to get to the landing. A nice feature to Cynthia and Nacho was that we only had a 20 minute hike as we parked at the resort. Other tours had to park farther away and had a 45 minute hike. The zip lining was right there too. We were the only ones in our group to zip line. For the 2 of us we had 2 guides! No waiting in lines it was FUN! Tour also included lunch at the resort. Lunch was very good. Carlos entertained us with somewhat funny jokes. Oh and I must add he is a wonderful driver! We had a quick tour of Belize City with a stop at a local grocery /department store. Got back to the dock with plenty of time to make the last tender. I would highly recommend Nacho and Cynthia they do an awesome job! Remember to bring some extra money to tip the guides. They were really helpful and very patient.

We just did the cave tubing excursion with cave-tubing.com about two weeks ago. We had an awesome experience. Richard (our guide) was very entertaining and made the trip to the caves almost as pleasurable as the caves themselves. He told us a little about Belize and shared some cashew wine with us. Our group did go through two caves. When we got to the entrance to the first cave, Richard asked if we wanted to walk another 10-15 minutes so that we could go through two caves and everyone in our group chose to go through both, but they do give you the choice. The hike to the caves isn't too bad. I'm asthmatic and not in the best physical shape and I did fine. I even carried my own tube most of the way until one of the guides came and grabbed it and carried it the rest of the way without my even asking him. They also gave the option of stopping for lunch on the way back. Our group went for it and we ate at a local restaurant. Our meal was $5.00 and consisted of chicken, rice, beans and cole slaw, which were all very good, as well as some really yummy Limeade. Sodas and beer were extra. We bought a couple of sodas for the ride home and I think they were about $1.00. I can't say enough good things about Richard and cave-tubing.com. I will definitely use them again if I ever return to Belize!

Yes they are independent.

We had 7 people on our tour in 2 different vans. They take you to a resort which is about an hour drive. The cave tubing and zip lining is right there. Everyone uses this spot for cave tubing; Carnival uses a different location for zip lining. The zip lining was awesome. There were 7 platforms. The walk up to the first platform was pretty easy. The steps are a little slick but there are handrails. We had 2 guides for the 2 of us. The cave tubing is a 20 minute hike from the resort. You do have to wade across the river to get to the main trail. It might have been waist deep at the deepest part...easy no problems. And the water was very refreshing, no problems with it being too cold. This is the junction of the trail that you pick up all of the tours who do not park at the resort. They have been walking 20 minutes already. The trail if really easy. Just make sure you have good water proof shoes on, the type with heavy duty treads or bring an old pair of sneakers. Oh and bug spray too. There are 2 caves. Make sure your tour guide takes you all the way to the end of the trail. If you don’t go all the way to the end you will miss 1 of the caves. Once in the river you enter the caves right away. You are inside about 35 to 45 minutes with only a short distance between caves. Once through the caves it is a 2 minute walk back to the resort where you have lunch. With Nacho and Cynthia you have 2 guides with you at all times. You try to stay connected using your feet but it doesn’t always stay connected but no fear as the guides always are watching out for you. We saw other tours with hordes of people with only 1 guide.

Nacho and Cynthia are wonderful people and I highly recommend their tour.

For the cave tubing and the zip lining including lunch and all of Nacho's jokes was $120 per person. It was less if you only did cave tubing or just the zip line. They pick you up right out side the cruise terminal. We did tip the guides but that is totally at your discretion. It was really a great day and lunch was yummy.

You are connected. What you do is hook up using your feet not hands. Not the perfect system as you do come unhooked at times but the guides are really good and eventually you will get hooked up again. Don't forget it is dark inside so it is important that the guides know where everyone is. The beauty of Nacho and Cynthia is that the group is small and they are able to keep track of everyone.

Being hooked up will depend on your tour company. We saw another tour and they tried to hook up but most just went off on their own. Everyone came out safe and sound and everyone seemed to be having a good time. I would just rather be in a small group and know that someone is watching out for me.

It was fun...enjoy

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived