Easiest (and most effective) diet EVER - no joke.

bardgal

Hey JoeTX - You should actually read this thread. :)

This diet is a lot simpler, easier to follow, and works better and faster than SB. It is also FAR AND AWAY nothing anything remotely like Atkins either. I eat TONS of carbs.

I also explained about my blood sugar/fasting glucose - but then you'd know that if you'd actually taken the time to read the thread - or even my first post.

I actually DID read this thread and most of your meal plans mimic SBD. So you say you eat TONS of carbs, exactly what are those carbs and when do you eat them, because they aren't listed in any of your meal plans. I'm not trying to be obtuse, just trying to figure out exactly how this is different.

I would be interested in any websites that discuss this diet, its an interesting angle and I'd like to know more....

carbs: Lots of rice, lots of brown rice pasta, corn chips, corn tortillas, veggies, all listed in my meal plans.

SBD allows the two verboten things - wheat and sugar - so it's not anything like this diet.

links: (even though I take it a step farther and cut out all wheat, since when I eat it I gain weight.)

Dr Gotts No Sugar No Flour Diet

No Sugar No Flour Diet

For more, google - no sugar no flour diet.

carbs: Lots of rice, lots of brown rice pasta, corn chips, corn tortillas, veggies, all listed in my meal plans.

SBD allows the two verboten things - wheat and sugar - so it's not anything like this diet.

links: (even though I take it a step farther and cut out all wheat, since when I eat it I gain weight.)

Dr Gotts No Sugar No Flour Diet

No Sugar No Flour Diet

For more, google - no sugar no flour diet.

I'm pretty sure sugar is not allowed in SBD either. Irregardless, eliminating sugar will always be my goal where possible.

I like the possibility of adding back in corn chips and tortillas. Thanks for the info!

It is very easy to cook. Follow the directions on the back of the bag re: how much water & rice. Place both in a boiler on the stove on medium heat. When it starts to boil, cover and reduce heat to medium/low. Cook it for approximately 30 minutes without lifting the lid or stirring (VERY IMPORTANT). After 30 minutes, turn off heat and let sit for about 5-10 minutes. The rice should be perfect. :D

Hi Sheila,

Thank you for the advice. I tried it last night for the first time and it was OK. :rolleyes: It's either (1) me (2) perhaps I don't actually like brown rice or (3) well, I can't actually think of a (3) but I do like a challenge so shall persist.

I do love the idea though that I am getting cooking tips from a girl on the other side of the world. :) :)

I am so happy that I found this thread...great info...maybe there is hope for me yet! I will start tomorrow and let you know...

I am 42 years old, 5'2" and 25 - 30 lbs too heavy..(sore back - brutal!)

Thank you - thank you- thank you!!!!

Hi Sheila,

Thank you for the advice. I tried it last night for the first time and it was OK. :rolleyes: It's either (1) me (2) perhaps I don't actually like brown rice or (3) well, I can't actually think of a (3) but I do like a challenge so shall persist.

I do love the idea though that I am getting cooking tips from a girl on the other side of the world. :) :)

Hmmmm! Sorry it didn't work out for you. Maybe your brown rice is different "Down Under." ;) Good luck!!!

Livewell.......here are some other suggestions for brown rice. Do you have Rice A Roni products there? If so, look for their Savory Whole Grains selections. I like the Chicken & Herb Classico. The only problem with this packaged stuff is that it has alot of sodium. So, if you still want to make it on your own, try cooking your brown rice in beef broth (you can do chicken broth as well but I prefer the beef) instead of plain water. Low sodium of course. I also add a bit of olive oil to keep the rice from sticking. Good luck!

Livewell.......here are some other suggestions for brown rice. Do you have Rice A Roni products there? If so, look for their Savory Whole Grains selections. I like the Chicken & Herb Classico. The only problem with this packaged stuff is that it has alot of sodium. So, if you still want to make it on your own, try cooking your brown rice in beef broth (you can do chicken broth as well but I prefer the beef) instead of plain water. Low sodium of course. I also add a bit of olive oil to keep the rice from sticking. Good luck!

I cook mine in beef & chicken broth also. It is very good!! I also eat the Uncle Ben's Wild Rice....very tasty!!

I am so happy that I found this thread...great info...maybe there is hope for me yet! I will start tomorrow and let you know...

I am 42 years old, 5'2" and 25 - 30 lbs too heavy..(sore back - brutal!)

Thank you - thank you- thank you!!!!

Ditto

I also have been doing basically what has been discussed on this thread and do appreciate every ones info...the term no wheat no sugar has been added to my vocabulary...thank you...

Are flours like soy and almond and Whey Protein Isolate exceptable on this diet?

As long as they do not contain gluten, they should be fine. From searching on google, those you mention above are fine. As is potato flour, rice flour, and corn flour.

I am not as religious about this concept as others. I cheat on the weekends but I keep it in moderation. It's during the weekdays that I stick to it and after 11 days (2 of these were cheating days) I'm down 6 pounds. And the odd thing is I haven't been able to jog as much as I would like because work has kept me very busy. I usually put in about 20 miles a week but have only done 20 in the last 2 weeks since I tried this. I'm sure if others stick to this 24x7, they could do even better than I have. I'm not telling anyone to adapt this to their lifestyle but just relaying my results so everyone knows this appears to be working and I'm only a part-timer.

I gotta say it took some studying and reading labels in the store but there is food out there for you. I didn't know Pace salsa had sugar until I read the label so I switched to a brand called El Pinto and I like it better. Corn chips and salsa with some green beans. That's my lunch now and I actually like it!

That's just how Ali McG rolls....

Corn chips and salsa with some green beans. That's my lunch now and I actually like it!

It's funny, but the last few days I have been trying to come up with other things to eat...I guess I had a mental block and was thinking more along the atkins line, but this little sentence made me laugh and cleared the cobwebs, so to speak. Corn chips, salsa and green beans...perfect! I love all three. I have to re-learn that I can eat some carbs! Moderation and common sense...(oh yeah and no sugar or flour!)

I even found some nice rice crackers that go well with tuna!

And...I am down 3 lbs since the 30th!!!!

:DOn my way.....

Ugh... so I got off the diet when I got sick. I am not quite sure why, possibly because I thought I needed comfort food, but I am back on-track as of today. I had two egg whites, organic applesauce, and some coffee with Splenda this morning for breakfast. Good stuff!

I have to say that this diet has really helped me, as a vegetarian, to eat more protein. This is in no way the Atkins diet, but I find myself eating a lot more cheese and eggs. :D This has given me much more energy which, in turn, has made me want to exercise all the more. I also added a Magnesium supplement to my multivitamin and calcium supplement. I know that if I stick to this diet like I did prior to my illness, I will lose weight like I did prior to my illness. I'm quite happy!

I wanted to alert you guys to some vegetarian (usually vegan), organic frozen meals that do not contain gluten or wheat (those that do alert you to their presence). They are very good, nutrient-rich. They are also expensive. :o But, they make good meals. "Amy's" is the name of the company. I also eat a lot more salad (with bargirl's dressing recipe!) and those blue chips.

Anyway, I would like some encouragement in starting up the diet again. I am not one to cheat normally and am a driven person, but I lack the confidence that I will lose weight upon starting a diet. Also, does anyone have any good veggie recipies to share? *Pulls out notepad.* :D Thanks for everything!

Steam a head of cauliflower in the microwave. Mix shredded cheddar and jack cheeses with mild dijon mustard, dried parsely, and dried onion flakes that you have briefly soaked in water to get them plump. Smear that mixture on the top of the cauliflower and put it back in the microwave to melt... mmmmmm.

:D

Steam a head of cauliflower in the microwave. Mix shredded cheddar and jack cheeses with mild dijon mustard, dried parsely, and dried onion flakes that you have briefly soaked in water to get them plump. Smear that mixture on the top of the cauliflower and put it back in the microwave to melt... mmmmmm.

:D

Mmm! I know what I'm getting from the grocery today! :rolleyes:

Suggestion for Cooking Brown Rice:

I have Uncle Ben's Wholegrain Brown Rice

Fill your pot 3/4 full with water.

For every serving you want, add 1/4 cup rice

Add a bit of salt

Bring to a boil and cook 15-20 minutes, stirring gently

Drain off excess...........In other words, cook it just like you would for pasta

And thanks for this thread.......very interesting! :)

What about vege burgers (garden burgers) or other fake meat products made with soy or texturized vegetable protein? Are they okay on this plan?

I'm thinking of givins this plan a try, but the only meat I eat is seafood, so I do like an occassional garden burger or fake sausage with my eggs in the morning.

Here's a suggestion to add bulk to your egg white omelets in the morning: add a tablespoon or 2 of previously cooked brown rice to pan, then add eggs. It is delicious topped with a little parmesean cheese. Then I have a small serving of cottage cheese on the side. :)

Any other suggestions?

What about vege burgers (garden burgers) or other fake meat products made with soy or texturized vegetable protein? Are they okay on this plan?

I'm thinking of givins this plan a try, but the only meat I eat is seafood, so I do like an occassional garden burger or fake sausage with my eggs in the morning.

I know that the Gardenburger brand of burgers is fine, but you'll have to check each one. As far as I know, most soy protein products are okay. They just vary.

Archived