Easiest (and most effective) diet EVER - no joke.

bardgal

I have put myself on this new way of thinking lifestyle since boxing day. My sister and I decided to take our daughters on the next cruise Feb 2010 and I have dropped 2 dress sizes since Xmas. I don't miss the flour potatoes ans sugar and I drink black tea so milk isnt there either so I am really going to look good at the formal nights.:)

I'm on day 3 of no sugar & no wheat. So far so good. I thought I would have some trouble adjusting but none whatsoever!!! I'm stoked. The main thing is preplan!!! I do not fill as bloated but I still haven't weighed...not til Mon. I worked out the 1st day but missed last night & tonight isn't looking so good. I start a fitness program on Sunday at our YMCA so I'm looking forward to that. =)

Have a couple of ???

Balsamic vinegar...love it with light olive oil on my salads. Is there a brand less than 2 grams of sugar?

Would less than 1 gram of sugar be ok? I would prefer none but I'm having trouble finding it.

Also, I was buying broccoli and it said 2 grams of sugar. Is that a natural sugar and is it OK???

Thanks for any help!!!

Bardgal, the expert who started this thread posted some early posts way on about Balsamic vinegar. Again, better for you to read the thread carefully from start to finish.

There was another post about the natural sugars in fruits/vegetables..those are good, it's just making sure you eat those fruits/veggies that are LOWER in natural sugar.

Remember..it's not just no sugar and no wheat..it's NO SUGAR, NO WHEAT, NO FLOUR, NO GLUTEN. That's where people make huge mistakes.

Do a google search on line and you can learn tons about what gluten is, what it's disguised as, etc.

I'm on day 3 of no sugar & no wheat. So far so good. I thought I would have some trouble adjusting but none whatsoever!!! I'm stoked. The main thing is preplan!!! I do not fill as bloated but I still haven't weighed...not til Mon. I worked out the 1st day but missed last night & tonight isn't looking so good. I start a fitness program on Sunday at our YMCA so I'm looking forward to that. =)

Have a couple of ???

Balsamic vinegar...love it with light olive oil on my salads. Is there a brand less than 2 grams of sugar?

Would less than 1 gram of sugar be ok? I would prefer none but I'm having trouble finding it.

Also, I was buying broccoli and it said 2 grams of sugar. Is that a natural sugar and is it OK???

Thanks for any help!!!

I get the whole NO stuff..just curious about broccoli having sugar in it. I'm eating the berries for my fruits since they are the lowest in the sugar. I know about all the gluten stuff as my younger son was on the autism spectrum and he did the gfcf diet for 2 yrs.

I'll go back and reread the thread. LOL! Take me some notes this time. I haven't had much trouble. Brown rice is my friend. =)

I'm down 7lbs and my official weigh in isn't until Monday morning. I couldn't wait...I had to see if I had lost weight. I felt like I had but wouldn't weigh. I caved and weighed in a day early. This diet actually has been easy to me & I feel good. I haven't started working out like I want yet. Was suppose to have my 1st class today but threw my back out so I've been laid up. Grrr! At least the weight lost has sparked my mood. :D

I have read the entire thread; some seems to make sense; others not so much. I am going to start reading labels, tho.

Background: Most I have ever weighed was 142# at end of 4th pregnancy. I do not need to lose weight; am now 5'3", 117# buck naked on home scale. Ex-gastric bypass educator/nurse/co-ordinator. Currently watch portions, try to eat low fat, high protein, and always drink minimum 8 - 8 oz glasses of water daily. Do love chocolate, 3 mugs of caramel flavored coffee with 1/2 of 12 oz mug filled with splenda and 2 tsp creamora. (Yes, you read that correctly; its probably 1/2 - 3/4 cup of splenda per mug of coffee. I go thru a bag in 4-5 days.) Would like to eat healthier and know that much chemically altered sugar is poison, probably. (Don't know if I can stick to any diet without my fix, tho) I'll post more later as I become more familiar with reading labels for sugar content. I mostly eat tuna and meat and salads. Rarely eat breakfast; my "coffee" is my breakfast.

• 1 month later...

I really would like to eat this way and I have tried. I find I get really grouchy and this isn't great when you babysit kids all day long as I run a dayhome. I think if I did not do this as a job life would be alot easier? But reading the post I will try to give up sugar and flour again. Any trick to get me through the first day. Thats about how long I last, pathetic I know.

It's not giving up sugar and flour.

It's giving up wheat, gluten, sugar, and flour.

Read the thread from the very beginning to get a full understanding.

I really would like to eat this way and I have tried. I find I get really grouchy and this isn't great when you babysit kids all day long as I run a dayhome. I think if I did not do this as a job life would be alot easier? But reading the post I will try to give up sugar and flour again. Any trick to get me through the first day. Thats about how long I last, pathetic I know.

I did read through the thread. I was commenting that I found this hard to stick to, But I would give it another go. Yes I realise I'm most likely having withdraws from these foods, which is why i'm getting grouchy. I also seem to understand if I am correct that brown rice and corn tortillas is ok right? Other than that I mainly am focussing on meat, veggies, dairy some and very little fruit. Yes I understand no gluten or wheat! Is there gluten in fruit? I was saying flour and sugar as in what the very first post said (no flour and no sugar). I forgot to mention I will force myself to stick to the three day at least hopefully it will get easier real soon. Thank gosh it's the weekend not babysitting other peoples kids will make it easier. Not to piss anyone off but could I have a corn tortilla pizza with veggies and a bit of cheese?

What a great thread,but where is Bardgal???

I am off to the supermarket to read the labels;)............

I always like my coffee with some hazelnut flavoring,I know ,I know,it's a no no...........that hazelnut flavoring is full of sugar,I would always have my porridge oats with water for b/fast,that's out,but where there is a will there is a way:D

Someone said,they cooked co-co,I think that is a Barbadian dish,not easy to make,someone told me you could make it in the microwave?it's made with cornmeal and okras.

I have read through the whole thread,I am brain dead.............can't remember if yogurts are ok,I am thinking maybe a plain one,I will look at the label today,I think I have seen sugar in the others.

I make cou cou all the time!! :)

Ttrrr..if it's too hard for you to follow then why waste your energy. It won't work for you.

What a great thread,but where is Bardgal???

I am off to the supermarket to read the labels;)............

I always like my coffee with some hazelnut flavoring,I know ,I know,it's a no no...........that hazelnut flavoring is full of sugar,I would always have my porridge oats with water for b/fast,that's out,but where there is a will there is a way:D

Someone said,they cooked co-co,I think that is a Barbadian dish,not easy to make,someone told me you could make it in the microwave?it's made with cornmeal and okras.

I have read through the whole thread,I am brain dead.............can't remember if yogurts are ok,I am thinking maybe a plain one,I will look at the label today,I think I have seen sugar in the others.

No honey, it's not the same..this diet is NO WHEAT, NO GLUTEN, NO FLOUR, NO SUGAR.

Same thing as the Kimkins diet that I have been on for awhile. Atkins, South Beach etc.......Good luck!!:D

Your right Gathina I won't bother. Thats what I mean your comming across as rude. People are asking questions to get a better understanding of this diet. The way your answering with the UPPER CASE LETTERS is almost the same as yelling in my eyes. So NO WHEAT? :D Anyways I trully wish everyone the best of luck . To the OP it does make alot of sence and you may very well be allergic to these certain foods. Which is why it works great for you and many others.

Your right Gathina I won't bother. Thats what I mean your comming across as rude. People are asking questions to get a better understanding of this diet. The way your answering with the UPPER CASE LETTERS is almost the same as yelling in my eyes. So NO WHEAT? :D Anyways I trully wish everyone the best of luck . To the OP it does make alot of sence and you may very well be allergic to these certain foods. Which is why it works great for you and many others.

I have to agree.......why so aggressive?

Nobody is being rude or aggressive. Yes, I know that it's not nice to type in all CAPS.

I typed it for emphasis...because the thread is about NO WHEAT, NO GLUTEN, NO SUGAR. And if you read many of the posts, people start trying to make it fit the way "they" want it to..start saying it's like south beach, this, that, and the other..can they have this, can they have that. They don't bother to read the label and read the ingredients.

I wish Bardgal would come back. She'd really chew your keester out LOL.

Menina

I have to agree.......why so aggressive?

OK I know no wheat, no sugar,no gluten,no flour. So to make it clear, I can have meat, vegetables, low sugar fruits, milk, rice, and potatoes(in moderation)? I really am trying to get a quick understanding of this. I live in a small town so I don't have a health food store near me to go find specialty foods. Is vegetable juices ok, would the fructose not be the natuaraly occuring sugars that are in some vegetables? I thought bargal said that was ok. Sorry if I spell some names wrong I don't mean to. Please don't give me the no wheat speal again I just want to understand this quickly and once and for all. I am not going to go read the packages because I eat fairly natural foods anyways except when I was doing my own baking. Yes I also no I needed to cut out those foods I baked plus go to smaller portions. Because I was consumming too many calories wether it was the right foods on this diet or not. Even on this diet you can consume to many calories right?

I meant to ask is there any vegetable juices you can buy that is ok? The glutten I find a little confusing I will have to do more reading on the web. Also are there any sauces what so ever that you can put on meat that is ok?

yes, you can order just an eggwhite omelet on the ship. Or egg beaters if you want.

As for sauce -- be careful --- most sauces/gravies contain flour which has gluten so it would be a no-no. I'm not sure about sauces/gravies that are made with cornstarch? I would think that may be ok.

I have only just started having egg white omelets for b/fast,I have to say,it's great ,I think I am going to get a book to try and read up on this way of eating,I remember she also said,she boiled a number of eggs and just took out the yokes,which I thought was a great idea,I think if I go back on this thread,she did mention a book she would recommend.

Archived