Parasailing Excursion in St. Thomas

Milwaukee

Hi! I am wondering if anyone has ever done the RCL parasailing excursion in St. Thomas? We are thinking about doing it and would like some opinions. If you have done it, do you actually get in the water or do you "take off" and "land" on the boat? Is it a physically challening excursion? Thanks in advance for your responses! :)

We did the parasailing in St. Thomas earlier this year. It was great, but part of that could be due to the fact that we were the only customers on the early booking. You take off and land from the back of the boat. Couples only. Very easy, not physically challenging at all. It's a short walk from the ship to the boat at the pier in front of the ship. I'm 57, the DW is 51. The views of St. Thomas are always spectacular, and from the 'chute is a unique perspective. Do it! Have fun!

Thanks a lot for answering my question. I think that we will do it. It's something we've always wanted to do and this cruise seems like the pefect time. We can't wait to get out of this cold wisconsin weather for a week or so. Only 3 weeks until we're lounging on the Jewel!!!! :D

I also went parasailing last December in St. Thomas. My 74 year-old dad went with me (I'm 45), and it was an experience I won't forget. Like the previous post mentions, you take a short walk from the ship to a pier where the para-sail boats are docked. After a short right out, they have you put on the harness (and help you if necessary), and give a quick sales pitch for buying photos (though not very hard - they weren't obnoxious or anything). On the one we were on, they had a 35 mm camera with a great telephoto lens. Dad and I bought the roll of film & have it developed. I think it was $20 or so. Was about 10 minutes or so of actual air time. And the driver gently dipped our feet into the water (he had asked us ahead of time if we wanted to or not). What a great crew, though - really nice guys, knew their stuff, very personable.

Going on the Jewel of the Seas in two weeks (11/26/06), and hope to do some fun stuff that with our 9 year old son.

Archived