Questions about upgrading.

amberbailey

We are leaving this weekend on our cruise and have a balcony booked. When I look up on the website I see there are still suites and penthouse suites available. If you booked through a travel agent and have an assigned room, will they not upgrade you? Or can you call Carnival and see what your changes of getting upgraded are? Do you have to upgrade through your TA, because I called her this morning and she said there were only inside cabins available. We booked our cruise 10 months ago and so do they upgrade by who booked the earliest?

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the upgrade game. If you booked through a TA, then Carnival won't talk to you about your booking. You have to go through your TA. You can always ask for an upgrade, but it might cost you extra.

I don't know if assigned cabins get upgraded more often than guarantee cabins. Maybe someone else can answer that question.

You can always ask about possible upgrades once you get to the pier, and if there are any suites available maybe you could get one. Again, might cost extra.

Hopefully someone with more "upgrade" experience will help you out. :)

Archived