Eden Rock on December 12th

marieadela

I will be at this port on December 12th on the Carnival Valor. The following other ships will also be in port:

Queen Mary 2

Carnival Miracle

Norwegian Majesty

Enchantment of the Sea

Star Princess

Grander of the Seas

I was thinking about just staying on the ship at this port with so many ships in port with us, but then I read on this board how good the snorkeling is and now I want to go.

I was thinking about walking to Eden Rock to snorkel while in port, but with this many ships in port that day and this being a tender port would it be better to go somewhere else and snorkel. Would also like to have a beach area as well, not everone in my group like to snorkel. We would need a place that you can rent equipment at.

Or would this work out if I just what until noon to get of the ship and walk there.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I think there were at least 5 ships in port on the day we went. It was not crowded at all... plenty of space... a good place to spend a couple of hours.... they do have a rental place and a restaurant and bathrooms.... with picnic tables and a few loungers. There are steps going into the water we wore water shoes as they are slick...

Eden Rock would be a good place to snorkel, even with several ship at port. Others in the group could take a taxi for a few dollars per person to a nice beach such as Sea Grape Beach that is midway up Seven Mile Beach. Sea Grape Beach has service such as food and Red Sail Sports rentals.

I will also be there on Dec. 12th on the Majesty. Those of you who have been to Eden Rock do you know if you can rent snorkle gear there at the dive shop and take it with you to another site such as the Cali wreck or Smith's beach?

Also, are there any cabs that hang around the Eden Roack area or would we need to go to Eden Rock and rent to equioment and then go back to the port to catch a cab to take us to Smith's Beach?

Jodie

I will also be there on Dec. 12th on the Majesty. Those of you who have been to Eden Rock do you know if you can rent snorkle gear there at the dive shop and take it with you to another site such as the Cali wreck or Smith's beach?

Also, are there any cabs that hang around the Eden Roack area or would we need to go to Eden Rock and rent to equioment and then go back to the port to catch a cab to take us to Smith's Beach?

Jodie

There is a rental shop at Eden Rock and also one near the Cali.

Eden rock is just a few hundred yards from the pier so i would say yes, Taxi's will be very easy to find.

I don't see why you can't take the rented gear to another site but can't say for sure.

I've been to Eden Rock a few times. It's not a bad place to snorkel. It's not a good place for a beach though as most of it's rocky. The water is choppy too so this could be a bit intimdating if someone's a first timer. If you are going to Coz. on the cruise, Chanakaab would be a better option for snorkling and beach if you want both IMHO.

You can walk to Eden from the port Jodie.

Archived