Oosterdam - Best Deluxe Verandah Suite?

Tom-n-Cheryl

Hi!

We are not familiar with Holland America ships/deck plans (as you can tell from our signature).

We are looking into booking on the Oosterdam late next year.

Our favorite cabins on Carnival (for those of you who are familiar with them) are the aft (wrap-around) corner suites on Spirit class ships.

What would be a comparable cabin on this ship / which would be your FAVORITE cabin (in the Deluxe Verandah Suite category)?

Thanks!

Tom

If you love the at wrap arounds, then it has to be 5185 or 5187 They are the largest aft wrap around cabins. HUGE veranda and large cabin. :) :) :) (This cabin puts Carnival aft wrap-arounds to shame!)

I think you mean 5186 and 5187. They are wonderful!!! We'll be in 5186 and our friends in 5187 on the Zuiderdam in January. Get'em while you can, once the ships go in for retrofitting, they will have cabins added along the side (a la the Noordam) and those two won't be the same.

If you love the at wrap arounds, then it has to be 5185 or 5187 They are the largest aft wrap around cabins. HUGE veranda and large cabin. :) :) :) (This cabin puts Carnival aft wrap-arounds to shame!)

Thanks for your quick reply!

I found those on the deck plans - 5186 and 5187.

I will be calling tomorrow... if those are not available, what would be your next choices? I just want a BACK-UP plan as I am sure that, if they are anything like 4228 and 4237 (Spirit Class on Carnival), they will be the FIRST to go!!!

Thanks again,

Tom

I think you mean 5186 and 5187. They are wonderful!!! We'll be in 5186 and our friends in 5187 on the Zuiderdam in January. Get'em while you can, once the ships go in for retrofitting, they will have cabins added along the side (a la the Noordam) and those two won't be the same.

GREAT... so they have some CHOICE cabins which are being lessened...:rolleyes:

Any idea when this will occur for the Oosterdam? I am not sure where it fits into whatever series/class of ship this is...

THANKS,

Tom

GREAT... so they have some CHOICE cabins which are being lessened...:rolleyes:

Any idea when this will occur for the Oosterdam? I am not sure where it fits into whatever series/class of ship this is...

THANKS,

Tom

Westerdam will be added to this coming spring '07

Zuiderdam will be added to spring of '08

Oosterdam will likely be added to spring of '09

Westerdam will be added to this coming spring '07

Zuiderdam will be added to spring of '08

Oosterdam will likely be added to spring of '09

Brian,

I am confused by this thread. What exactly will be changed? Do you just mean the numbers will be changed for 5187 and 5186?

Archived