HAWAII WHICH SHIP? Summer 2007

delgadofam2002

I want to sail Hawaii in the summer of 2007. I know it will have to be one of NCL American ships since they are the only summer ones. But which one I have heard so much negative. I sailed on NCL Sun back in 2001 & really did not like NCL. I prefer Princess & RCCL or Celebrity. What do you suggest.

If you can wait until September you can cruise Hawaii with Royal or Celebrity on one of their respostioning cruises. We cruised Royal in 2004 (it actually leaves out of Vancouver, Canada) and Celebrity just last month (round trip out of Los Angeles). They were both wonderful trips.

The Pride of Aloha is the only NCL ship that has the evening sail around Mt Kilaluea (i'm sure i misspelled that).

For any of the other cruise lines, be prepared to spend 6 days at sea (either consecutive for repositioning, or 3 days pre & post the Hawaiian Islands).

Cruisingly Yours

:)

If you can wait until September you can cruise Hawaii with Royal or Celebrity on one of their respostioning cruises. We cruised Royal in 2004 (it actually leaves out of Vancouver, Canada) and Celebrity just last month (round trip out of Los Angeles). They were both wonderful trips.

September 24th 2006, we cruised to Honolulu from Vancouver on " the Serenade of the Seas" we enjoyed beautiful weather, on all 11 days. The ship is really beautiful, and the cabins were quite comfortable, we had a balcony on deck 7( forward), which was quiet and with an un -obstructed view.

cheers,from B.C, Canada:) :D

hope you have a great cruise

The Pride of Aloha is the only NCL ship that has the evening sail around Mt Kilaluea (i'm sure i misspelled that).

huh? I was on Pride of Hawaii last month and we did the evening sail around the volcano. I believe all the Pride ships do it.

If you read the more recent reviews of the PoH most have been excellent. We had a great time and would recommend the PoH.

It all depends what you like though. The NCL A cruises are much more about the ports than the ship. You will spend most of your time on the islands, which I think is awesome. I personally don't see how you can go wrong cruising the Hawaiian islands, no matter which ship you choose. :)

I did NCL Star Sept 2003 with my mother & loved it so much, did the NCL Wind 2004 with my husband ... (Star is a nicer / newer ship than Wind).

I had also read conflicting posts (from allsorts of negative people with high expectations) ... I imagine the newer ships would be even nicer again !

Set your expectations too high & you may be disappoi9nted but, I don't think you would be ...

Thanks everyone for your views. I want to stick w/ NCL since I do not care for all those sea days. I want to sail from Hawaii vs the other ports.

I think I am going to shoot for POH since it is a newer ship & the reviews are more positive.

I know not to expect RCCL & Princess standards and that is ok. As long as I don't have high expectations which I don't I think we will have a great time.

We will be traveling w/ our 2 kids which will be 13 & 10 1/2 for that time.

They have always cruised w/ us & have become spoiled to the cruising luxuries.

I want to spend a few days in Honolulu any suggestions as where to stay?

We want to see Pearl Harbor & want to at least do 1 dive. I figure maybe do this after the cruise stay 2 nights on the island before flying out. What do you suggest?

Thanks again

I wondered the same thing...Ive heard good and bad about all 3.But,for me,the ship will just be a less expesive place to sleep and then a cheaper mode of transportation to the next island!

But,for what its worth...Aloha is a 3.5 star ship and POA and POH are both 4.5 star ships.Im going for POA since it seemed to have a couple more positive reviews than POH:) Cant wait till July! Dot

Archived