Gray Luggage Tags

kapcruiser

We received gray luggage tags. said to put them on prior to leaving home. When we get our room assignment at the pier will we get new colored tags. If so, then why fill out the gray ones or is our luggage taken from us before we find out our room assignment?

Gray is the color Carnival gives you when you have a guarantee cabin. This is how it works: You fill out and attach the gray tags. When you give your luggage to the bagagge handlers, they will have a master list with all passengers names and cabin assignments. They will look up your name, find you cabin number, and write the number on the gray tags. No need to put on new tags! Be aware it can take a little longer to recieve your luggage when you go guarantee.

The night before you return, your cabin steward will give you the correct color tags for your location on the ship for debarkation.

We did gty on the Legend last year, and we first found out our cabin number when we checked our luggage.

Hope this helps and may the upgrade fairy smile on you! :D

Better yet - make up labels on the computer with the same information as the tags - then when you get to the pier you get the correct color tags after consulting with the porter - slap on the labels - be sure to leave enough room on the label for the porter to write the cabin number. The large labels work great. You will get your luggage quicker if it has the correct color tags.

We can asked the porter at the pier for the correct color tags? I would like to get our luggage as soon as we can. If not my husband will get crazy, he always worries about our luggage getting lost when we fly.

When you get to the pier a porter will take you to a stand where a Carnival Rep. will give you your cabin assignment and the correct color luggage tags. If you fill out all the information on the gray tag prior to arriving all you will need to do is put your cabin number on the correct color tags and fasten them to the luggage. We did this when we went on the Elation and received our luggage promptly.

Tropical 11/1986

Elation 11/01

Legend 11/3/04

we just sailed the Miracle out of New York, and had a balcony guarantee and the gray tags. All they did at the pier was to look up our cabin number and write it on the gray tags. The correct color tags for our deck were left in our cabin the night before debarkation, and were used to replace the gray tags. With the gray tags on, we received all of our luggage by 3PM. Wheter you get new tags or not prior to embarkation probably depends on the port you sail from.

kapcruiser

did they tell you too put them on your luggage before you leave home???

i am just asking because i have always read here on the boards not to put them on when you arrive at the hotel or at the peir so they would not interfere with the airline tags. are you driving to the peir and that is why you are putting them on before hand?

You should put them on once you get off the plane and claim your luggage for two reasons 1) they can get torn off and lost and 2) I.D.s you as a cruiser and could lead to theft (so I've heard) also it used to be because if you did not buy the Carnival transferrs your luggage could get swept up with the transfer peoples because reps collected it but now everyone collects their own luggage.

We print the labels and take them. We have had a few things happen. Porter takes off old tags and has us fill in new ones with cabin number; porter writes cabin number on new tags and sticks it on with the grey one and also that the porter just puts cabin number on the grey ones.

We recieved gray ones too. NOt sure how it all works. I guess we will see next weekend...
Hi

I was wondering what ship you were going on next weekend. We are on the Glory on July 24th. We too received gray tags. My niece just got home from a cruise and she said that they mark your cabin number on the gray tag when you board.

Archived