Seeing the Pitons without an excursion/tour

firsttimer0008

I'm cruising to St. Lucia on the Crown Princess (departing THIS weekend!!), and I absolutely must see the Pitons. There is a ship excursion ($60pp) that will take us on a catamaran around the Pitons and to Marigot Bay. I've read rave reviews of Cosol and other tours, but am assuming it's too late to book them as I'll be there in less than a week. How can I see the Pitons, preferably while relaxing on a beautiful beach, without taking part in an excursion/tour? I know I can arrange for a water taxi to Ti Kaye, but are there good views of the Pitons from there? And will they let us use their beach(es)? Sounds like the Jalousie Plantation beaches would be perfect - but how does one get there? Can we simply hire a taxi at the port to take us there? Does anyone know how much this will be?? And once we arrive, are the resort's beaches open to the public?? Or will we have to pay a fee to use them (I don't need a chair or umbrella or anything - just some sand!)? Or would the ship excursion be our best option at this point? Thanks in advance for your help!

Shelli

• 4 weeks later...

Please let me know if you managed to get to the Pitons on your own. DH and I would love to do just that, spend the day hanging out near there, but without going to all the other stops that any of the pre-arranged tours make.

Thanks

wrp96, Thank you for your reply. We did end up going with Cosol, and it was FABULOUS!! I'd recommend him and the trip in a heartbeat.

Marge106, sorry I can't give you any tips. But just so you know, the other places along Cosol's trip are amazing, and he gives you several great views of the Pitons, along with a stop at the most beautiful beach right between the Pitons. Some other people we were on the cruise with booked a speedboat just when they got off the ship that morning - it took them to a few of Cosol's stops and included views of the Pitons, and was about the same price, but with a larger group. So that might be an option - booking a taxi or speedboat to take you just to the Pitons/surrounding area. Good luck!

Archived