Coast Long Beach Hotel, Queen Mary

Hangman

Hello all how are you guys? Hope all is well. I have been looking at the coast hotel and the Queen Mary to book a room for the 14th of April of 07 to leave on the Pride on 15th of April 07 but have not been able to, has anyone had this problem? Every time I log in I get no rooms available check for other dates. Has anyone received this message? Anyone that has booked a room did you do it on line or by phone? Thank for your help.

Hello all how are you guys? Hope all is well. I have been looking at the coast hotel and the Queen Mary to book a room for the 14th of April of 07 to leave on the Pride on 15th of April 07 but have not been able to, has anyone had this problem? Every time I log in I get no rooms available check for other dates. Has anyone received this message? Anyone that has booked a room did you do it on line or by phone? Thank for your help.

Are you trying to reserve the 'park and sail' package? I've talked to them and they aren't taking reservations for that package yet, they haven't set their 2007 prices. We used that package last month and it worked well, so I wanted to book it again for our February 2007 cruise and haven't been able to yet, either online or by phone. They do have rooms available outside that package though.

We are booked at the Queen Mary for the night before our cruise (January 6) and at the Coast Hotel the night we return. I wasn't able to book either places until October. I kept getting the same message you are getting. I finally called them late in the summer and was told I wouldn't be able to book until three or four months prior.

Are you trying to reserve the 'park and sail' package? I've talked to them and they aren't taking reservations for that package yet, they haven't set their 2007 prices. We used that package last month and it worked well, so I wanted to book it again for our February 2007 cruise and haven't been able to yet, either online or by phone. They do have rooms available outside that package though.

Yes I was trying to get the park and sail package. Thank for the info not being picky or anything but how was security at the parking garage? I am really want to take my new truck but don't want to come back and find it without something I was told Long Beach is not a very good area. I was hoping you can tell me how the rates where and was it worth it? Thank you very much. If they are worth it I might have to call them to make a reservation, my sister lives in Los Angeles more toward Pasadena and I hate bothering someone to take us all the way out to Long Beach early in the morning my sis is a very late sleeper. Again thanks all PS does anyone have the # to both or one and does the Queen Mary also have the park and sail?

Yes I was trying to get the park and sail package. Thank for the info not being picky or anything but how was security at the parking garage? I am really want to take my new truck but don't want to come back and find it without something I was told Long Beach is not a very good area. I was hoping you can tell me how the rates where and was it worth it? Thank you very much. If they are worth it I might have to call them to make a reservation, my sister lives in Los Angeles more toward Pasadena and I hate bothering someone to take us all the way out to Long Beach early in the morning my sis is a very late sleeper. Again thanks all PS does anyone have the # to both or one and does the Queen Mary also have the park and sail?

Hangman, I had the same concern about leaving our car at the Coast, but the shuttle driver said he keeps an eye on the cars that are part of the park and sail package (you have to give them your car information at check-in). There is no garage at the Coast, just an open parking lot of which part is designated for the park and sail customers (as well as regular parking, so you can't really tell who is gone for the week and who isn't). There is a gate to get into and out of the parking lot even though there is a 'button' you an push to get out and they just buzz you out if you no longer have your room key, not great security. We had a regular room (not bay view) and it was $175 for the room (including taxes), 2 breakfasts, shuttle both ways to the port, and the parking. It was very convenient, the shuttle was prompt, the room and hotel grounds are nice and are right on the water and you can see the Carnival pier and Queen Mary from the hotel. The Coast is relatively remote so wouldn't be very convenient for someone to walk there and try to steal a car, the bad parts of Long Beach are quite a ways away and across the water or up the freeway. I don't think the QM does a park and sail package, but you could stay on the QM and park in the Carnival parking garage for $12/day. It's a regular airport-type garage and you have to pay at the gate to get your car out, so may seem more secure. Hope that helps.

Cathyz thank you very much that helped a lot. I will wait and call after the new year to make reservations. I think the Queen Mary is what my boys want you know they say it haunted and boy will be boys and want to see ghost (yea right the min they think they see one it's under the covers) I am going to call both and see what my family wants to do but either one seems good for us. Again thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

The date looked familiar so I looked up GRAND PRIX LONG BEACH!

You may have a difficult time booking a hotel in the downtown area of Long Beach or even getting around for that matter because of this, it is a pretty big deal in Long Beach and smack dab in the middle of when you are coming. Not that I wouldn't want you to visit our fair city, and I would recommend your choices if you can get them, you just may not be able to. You might also look into the San Pedro area or stay a little farther out in Long Beach, like at the Marriott by the Long Beach Airport.

Just thought I would warn you :)

Cathyz thank you very much that helped a lot. I will wait and call after the new year to make reservations. I think the Queen Mary is what my boys want you know they say it haunted and boy will be boys and want to see ghost (yea right the min they think they see one it's under the covers) I am going to call both and see what my family wants to do but either one seems good for us. Again thank you very much.

Hangman, the Coast is now taking reservations for their park and sail package, but via phone only, they say the website will be updated soon. The cost has gone up also, $185+tax for the cheapest room, and the person I talked to didn't know if breakfast was still included or not. So it looks like you get the room, a parking space for a week, and the shuttle back and forth.

Thanks Cruisenwithchris1 and Cathy2 for the help but having the Grand Prix in Long Beach that same time I am going is a bummer. Now I know why when I go to roll call I don't have that many people responding to that post. I was wondering if I should just come early since I live in San Diego and just park in the Carnival parking lot. Does anyone know if only carnival passenger can park there or since the grand prix is going on are they going to allow them to park there also?. Well guys I guess I am going to have to make some call right after the New Year. Thanks again Cathy2 and Cruisenwithchris1 have a merry Christmas.

Thanks Cruisenwithchris1 and Cathy2 for the help but having the Grand Prix in Long Beach that same time I am going is a bummer. Now I know why when I go to roll call I don't have that many people responding to that post. I was wondering if I should just come early since I live in San Diego and just park in the Carnival parking lot. Does anyone know if only carnival passenger can park there or since the grand prix is going on are they going to allow them to park there also?. Well guys I guess I am going to have to make some call right after the New Year. Thanks again Cathy2 and Cruisenwithchris1 have a merry Christmas.

See the square building to the left and below the dome in the photos below ...

LongBeach.jpg

LongBeachportarea.jpg

That is the new parking garage built at the same time Carnival built the dock next to the dome. That parking structure is in the same parking lot that you would park in if you were staying at the Queen Mary.

I was in the parking structure when I went on the Pride in May 2004. My car was fine when I returned. However, I would guess that there is very little security on days one of the Carnival ships is not in port.

Great pics. I was thinking about staying at the hotel but since the race is that weekend I think we will leave early and get to Long Beach and park at the carnival parking lot. Seem more secure since race is going on. But like you said might have security might not.

Archived