lunch on ship

xrayvin

I have heard GC is expensive so we are thinking we might want to eat lunch on the ship. We have excursions on the other islands so we were just planning on NOT planning anything. My question is with tendering and with the pier area, is it possible to split the day to go back to the ship? We were thinking we would just go to a beach and hang out. We will be there from 7-4. Being there is not a beach in walking distance, we will have to take a taxi. Should we:

1. get off early and catch a taxi to a beach for the morning, head back for lunch and then just walk around pier area?

2. walk around pier area, go back for lunch, then go to a beach

3. any other suggestions/a good inexpensive place to eat that is by a beach?

We do not want to snorkle or go to the turtle farm

Thanks in advance for all the help!

I personally think the tender thing is a hassle. I would eat a big breakfast on the later side and then head ashore, go to the beach somewhere at seven mile beach. I am sure there will be just concession type food on the beach that will be inexpensive for a snack. You can head back to the pier when you are done beaching and check out some shops and then go back on board and have an afternoon snack. I have only been to grand cayman once but the tendering thing took some serious time. hope your trip is fun! lilli

Here is a good website that lists many of the restaurants in Grand Cayman. Many of them have links to the restaurants website, and from there links to their menu's.

http://http://www.caymanrestaurants.com/

The ship lands in area "C". On the left had side it says "map" and then next to each restaurant it will have the map letter next to it. "C" is Georgetown area and 7 mile beach is "B".

Hope this helps.

Our tender was very, very easy. There was only two or three med/small size cruise ships that day. We got right on the boat leaving the ship and right on the boat returning. No wait, water was calm....No problems what-so-ever.

Grand Cayman is the best. It is indeed the highest class island in the Western Caribbean. I loved everything about that day and the island....well....maybe not the fact that our dollar is week by about 20 cents to the dollar. Otherwise, there was no one harrassing you, very friendly people. I can't wait to go back!

Archived