Dawn xmas cruise to excited to sleep

alliesMOM

And I'm not even going on your cruise. But I sure wish I was! Please please please forget the naysayers...I know it's hard but try to ignore them. Each time I read something negative I want to respond...but I'm perpetuating their post and I've decided to ignore them.

I was on the Dawn in October as a "test" cruise with DH - who was none too happy to be going. Guess what? HE LOVED IT.

I came to this board, wringing my mental hands, and the learned sages here told me to keep an open mind, try new things, go with the flow (if things didn't work out EXACTLY as I wanted) and to remember I was on vacation.

While I didn't eat the escargot, we still had a wonderful time. The service in the dining rooms, all the dining rooms, was professional. Each night after we finished our entrees, our tables were cleaned before coffee and dessert. We also found that when we put a big smile on our faces always received one in response. I don't care about soda cards - the amount of time that has been spent here complaining about soda of all things, well it really irritates me. For G*d's sake...SODA???? Be grateful that you can go on a cruise...look at the world around us? Sorry...I'll get off my soapbox.

Anyway...you go and have a wonderful time. And as the above poster suggested, get on the Roll Call.

Merry Christmas, Bon Voyage, Ciao,

W A W W (a/k/a NCL Cheerleader) :)!

And I'm not even going on your cruise. But I sure wish I was! Please please please forget the naysayers...I know it's hard but try to ignore them. Each time I read something negative I want to respond...but I'm perpetuating their post and I've decided to ignore them.

I was on the Dawn in October as a "test" cruise with DH - who was none too happy to be going. Guess what? HE LOVED IT.

I came to this board, wringing my mental hands, and the learned sages here told me to keep an open mind, try new things, go with the flow (if things didn't work out EXACTLY as I wanted) and to remember I was on vacation.

While I didn't eat the escargot, we still had a wonderful time. The service in the dining rooms, all the dining rooms, was professional. Each night after we finished our entrees, our tables were cleaned before coffee and dessert. We also found that when we put a big smile on our faces always received one in response. I don't care about soda cards - the amount of time that has been spent here complaining about soda of all things, well it really irritates me. For G*d's sake...SODA???? Be grateful that you can go on a cruise...look at the world around us? Sorry...I'll get off my soapbox.

Anyway...you go and have a wonderful time. And as the above poster suggested, get on the Roll Call.

Merry Christmas, Bon Voyage, Ciao,

W A W W (a/k/a NCL Cheerleader) :)!

well you and i both know if it was`nt soda cards it would be something else.i think a christmas cruise would be very exciting

Is anyone as excited as me ? 30 days or so cant wait,prob is so many unhappy post please tell me something wonderful about ncl so I can dream Happy:)

We've been on the Dawn 4 times and want to go back again.

I really can't think of anything that is NOT wonderful on the Dawn.

The only thing that can be better than our times on the Dawn is Christmas on the Dawn. How exciing for you.

Have a great time and if you come across any Grumpys....walk away.

You're on vacation:)

well you and i both know if it was`nt soda cards it would be something else.i think a christmas cruise would be very exciting

(OP..don't read this...I'm almost going to say something negative :)!!!!)

Refman...how about the poster who complained that the room wasn't made up and when she found out the sign outside said "do not disturb" was annoyed that they weren't disturbed to make up the room???? My jaw dropped when I read that...the staff does what they think you want, and then you complain that that's what they did. I wanted to scream...but who would listen???? ;)

(OP...sorry for intruding on your post...I just had to let of some steam! Thank you for indulging me!)

Ciao all,

W A W W ;)

(OP..don't read this...I'm almost going to say something negative :)!!!!)

Refman...how about the poster who complained that the room wasn't made up and when she found out the sign outside said "do not disturb" was annoyed that they weren't disturbed to make up the room???? My jaw dropped when I read that...the staff does what they think you want, and then you complain that that's what they did. I wanted to scream...but who would listen???? ;)

(OP...sorry for intruding on your post...I just had to let of some steam! Thank you for indulging me!)

Ciao all,

W A W W ;)

yeah that`s the same dope that would of screamed had they came in their kids room when it said do not disturb. i remember that and echo your sentiments,that`s a lose-lose situation all the way for that room steward.

Something happy...your cruise will be exactly what you make of it. You seem like an upbeat person so my guess is that you will have the time of your life. When we've come back from previous cruises, none of us ever remembers the little things that may not have gone our way. It doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things. If we had a chance to get some sun, have someone else cook every meal for a whole week, have someone tidying up after us, see some amazing places and find a new home away from home, then it was what we paid for.

Have a great cruise. :)

Woo-hoo... You are going to love every minute of it!!! We are on the Majesty's Christmas Cruise, which I booked quite some time ago, and I haven't slept a wink since (or worked a productive minute)! LOL WE CAN'T WAIT to get to Charleston and see the ship!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

This will be our 4th NCL cruise...we keep going back because the service is exemplary, the food is good, and there's no place like a cruise ship!!!!!

My first cruise was on the Dawn and believe you me, after reading all the negative reviews I was very worried. But once I got onboard, all those bad reviews flew right out the window! I easily had probably one of the best times of my life and that was during Halloween, I can't imagine how much fun you'll have during Christmas!!

Have an open mind and you'll be fine!

Only good thing about having to wait 30 days to sail is that you don't have to wait 50 days like us. Know what you mean about 'can't wait'.

We've never been on the Dawn but we hear first hand so many great things about it from friends and co-workers who have sailed on it (even one from last week) that even without ever being on the ship, we know this will be a great cruise. Have fun & don't forget to post about your cruise when you get back.

Was on the Dawn last year the week before Christmas. The decorations are so pretty. You will have a great time. We loved the Dawn. Everything was wonderful.

Booked on the Spirit in three weeks. Can't wait and can't sleep either. I just can't wait to get away.

Enjoy the holidays!!! You will have a blast!

Patti

Does anyone think that we're in for another adventure with over 600 kids onboard? I always thought that at Christmas time, children wanted to be at home. Any thoughts or impressions from past Christmas cruisers?

Does anyone think that we're in for another adventure with over 600 kids onboard? I always thought that at Christmas time, children wanted to be at home. Any thoughts or impressions from past Christmas cruisers?

Len! Even if there are, what would Christmas be without children? Besides, the kids don't want to be with the adults any more than they have to. Forget about it! About the only area I can think it would make that much difference is the pool. Just splash 'em! :D

We're going to have a GREAT TIME! Woohoo! 11 days! 11 wonderful days!

I was on the Dawn for Christmas in 2004. It was beautifully decroated, Santa was there & they had caroling on Christmas eve. I really enjoyed being on the beach Christmas day :D. I was surprised that with soooo many kids on board, it really wasn't any different than when we cruised during the summer.

How lucky are you!!! We sailed on the Dawn two years ago just before Christmas. It also was our DD's birthday that week. What a wonderful ship to be on around the holidays. We had lots of kids onboard, but we never noticed them very much. They must have been in camp all day. A few teens made some noise here and there, but nothing unusual.

We are sailing NCL Star in February and can't wait either. I loved the Dawn so much that I can't wait to see her sister ship. Don't miss the movie theater. It is so much fun on sea days--popcorn too. Our favorite spot was the Bimini Bar on the upper deck at sailaways because you get a panoramic view of every port.

So many many restaurants to choose from that you can eat in a different place each night. We love freestyle dining on NCL. No other cruiseline compares. We sailed Crown Princess this Fall and loved the ship but felt they could do alot more with their restaurant decor to mix it up like NCL.

Enjoy your cruise while we are all freezing our buns in the cold up north.

We were on the Sun last year over Christmas and there are alot of kids but what I thought was neat is you would see the teens all together and they were very polite. They hung out at the video arcade or near the ice cream parlor.

On one of the last sea days, I went to get in a hot tub and they asked if they were bothering me..

I find that after a long day out on excursions and going to a show or nightclub...no one will bother or wake me up!!

I am going on the Dawn over Christmas and I am trying not to get too excited as I have to get my final projects done and then finals..

It's not working!!!! :D

janymac

Archived