Miami to Hawaii flights

MarkE

Air was part of our cruise package from RCCL from Miami to Honolulu, for our October 7 Cruise. We will recieve arrangements 60 days prior. Do they usually schdule early morning fights and do they have long layovers? Are they ever non stop? We were wondering if we would have time to do the luau that Monday evening at 6:00 PM,as that is the only night it is held. Is that possible or will jet lag and travel fatigue be a problem. We are doing Road to Hana tour in Maui and will not get back in time to attend Old Lahina so we want to attend at least one luau.

Don't know of anyone flying from Miami, but there were a few people we met on our cruise in May that had RCI flights from the East Coast. They all seemed to have early morning flights from their home destination, with reasonable lay overs in either Dallas, Chicago, or the west coast. Most people landed between 1 and 3:00pm Hawaii time.

I don't think I would want to go to a luau the evening I arrived after that long flight day, however, but I'm very prone to jet lag. October 7 will still be Daylight Savings time for you (which Hawaii doesn't go to), so besides the long travel, Hawaii is 6 hours behind you, so a 6:00pm luau is the equivalent to midnight...

Good luck on whatever you decide to do. You'll have a great time I'm sure.

Also, you might want to check into doing a custom air package. That way you have complete control over your airline and schedule of choice. For $50 extra, our friends were able to pick their flights. They ended up with a non-stop from Chicago on American and then were lucky enough to be able to use their FF miles to upgrade to First Class. So for $349 per person, they flew 1st class! Great deal!

When flying from the east cost, we usually have a brief layover somewhere (St Paul for us) of about an hour. All pretty smooth. We left early am from the east (7, 8ish) then the layover about 9 or 10, then we arrive in Hawaii mid-late afternoon Hawaii time.

Hawaii doesnt do daylight savings time so the time difference will be 5 hours in the winter months....FYI.

Archived