Must take Items on a cruise.....keep it simple!

cruzin4us

OK, our 'must take' things:-

a) our own toiletries. My wife is currently stockpiling small screw-top plastic bottles that she will fill with toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, moisture cream, etc) and bring with us. She has a horror of using toiletries she isn't familiar with ever since she suffered an allergic reaction to something that she bought locally in NYC a few years ago and spent a week with a swollen neck. (The small containers are in order to reduce weight in the bags, of course);

b) her own hairdryer. Not so much because the supplied HD is weak, but because it's in the wrong place - in the bathroom. She prefers to be able to dry her hair by the bed;

c) some clothes-washing liquid: we have started reducing the number of clothes we bring, and washing/re-using them. Well, OK, actually we bring a greater number of smart clothes for evenings, but fewer simple, washable clothes for daytime;

d) based on the above, a clip-on washing line & pegs!;

e) for me, my digital camera is an absolute must;

f) but I left the laptop at home on the last cruise (weight restrictions) and didn't miss it. I used Galaxy's computer centre to download image files every day and had a CD burned at the end;

g) However I did take a blank notebook in which I wrote a journal, which I greatly enjoyed.

Well, I wasn't going to add a blow up raft to my list, but with the thread continuing on about it, I asked my teenager. She said in Labadee it cost $10 to rent a closed-cell foam raft! It was too hot to lie on the chaises and they wanted to hang out in the water. They would have loved a $1.99 raft to use at the beachy ports then toss at the end of the cruise.

Just a travel tip, that maybe you might have overlooked, and would save you from packing an extra item.

If you routinely can't be far from your cell phone and carry it with you on your travels... most cell phones feature some kind of alarm clock/event reminder capability (usually found in 'tools' or 'extras' menu on the phone).

One less thing to pack if you can kill two birds with one stone.

HTH

Caution, I have read about passengers using their cell phones as alarm clocks, and ignoring incoming calls (letting the voice mail pick up). They were shocked to find that they were charged for those calls received, eventhough they did not answer the phone!

To all those people who want to enjoy the pancakes and waffles without adding the calories from the syrup I suggest you bring a bottle of one of the sugar free products. I am sugar intolerant so for me it is a good option. Also a good plan for diabetics. Karen

Walkie-Talkies to annoy others

Old paperbachs with which to hog chairs.

Very cheap wine just to see if you can get away with smuggling it onboard.

Old jeans and a tee shirt for formal nights

Small change for tipping

Love swing-no explanation needed

LOL!:D

my only add would be extra batteries for the camera and take them out of that **** clam shell before your excursion. Ever tried to get something out of a clam shell out in the middle of Mexican Ruins????

Archived