POH ID Question-URGENT

CruiseAddict58

We have my 12-yr old traveling with us on the POH. We have a certified copy of her birth certificate and a notorized parental consent form signed by both of her parents. Does she have to have a STATE issued photo ID? I've read conflicting info on this. She does have a student ID from her school that has her photo on it.

Thanks!!!

We just took a trip in October which we went to Mexico. we took my son's friend who was 14 years old. All we needed was his birth certificate and a letter w/ the notary stamp and signature. No photo was needed.

I'd take her student ID if you feel safer with it.

We had NO problems.... enjoy your trip!

We just took a trip in October which we went to Mexico. we took my son's friend who was 14 years old. All we needed was his birth certificate and a letter w/ the notary stamp and signature. No photo was needed.

I'd take her student ID if you feel safer with it.

We had NO problems.... enjoy your trip!

Hawaii is part of the US. You do not need any ID for a twelve year old. It is the same as if you traveled from your state to the state next to yours. Personally, I always have my kids, ages 10 & 12, passports with us, but we never need to show theirs when traveling around the US.

Archived