Shopping and Eating in Belize

Luvcrusin

Keep in mind that Belize is a third-world country, and not the safest one at that. Most people choose an excursion with a reputable company. The shopping outside the gate (no locals, only cruise passengers allowed inside the gate, which has an armed guard at the entrance) is going to have aggressive vendors--not aggressive in a mean way, just really want you to buy from them. There is a restaurant inside the gate, but I personally would not have ventured into Belize City alone.

I agree. Book something. The shopping area near tenders is not very elaborate. Just some basic T-shirts, etc. You will probably only spend about an hour there tops. Theres a bar nearby but we havent been in it, not sure if they serve food. I would highly recommend booking an excursion in Belize. We have done 2 of our ships, once to shark Ray Alley snorkling (fun) and another to Rendevous Cay (fun) In December we are going to try independent tour with cavetubing.com, not to cave tube but to Shark Ray Alley. I think they are also called Ecological Tours. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Archived