Debating extensions to stingray tours

ZephyrHawk

My husband and I are trying to decide between two RCI tours in Grand Cayman. Both go to Stingray City, which is something I really want to do, but which my husband is afraid to try. One also visits Coral Gardens for additional snorkeling. The other goes to various sites around the island (turtle farm, Hell). My husband would like to see more of the island while we're there, but I am afraid that (given the other tours we've decided on) if we don't go to Coral Gardens he won't get to snorkel at all on the trip.

So, I guess what I'm asking after that long intro is what would you do: Coral Gardens or a tour of some of the kitchier spots of the island?

I would do Coral Gardens. The best attractions of the Caymans is what's underwater. The land based attractions are not as good. On the subject of the stingrays, they are as docile as house cats, and they rub up against your legs like house cats. All the rays are used to contact with people, and they have never been known to sting the hand that feeds them.

Hey ZEPHYR! :)

We did the Grand Cayman "mutilple location" tour through Royal Caribbean last week and LOVED it!!!

You can read my review about it here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=444045

Your husband can snorkel a little at Stingray City to get some great views of the rays while they are visiting with your tour group!

Get the underwater disposable camera for some great pics!

Archived