First time cruising

DCcruisingGirl

A girlfriend and I are planning to take a Caribbean cruise some time soon. Neither of us have been on a cruise before. Are the single cruises good? We thought it would be fun, but are afraid some of them might be a bit too much like a "meat market". Any suggestions for a first time cruiser?

A girlfriend and I are planning to take a Caribbean cruise some time soon. Neither of us have been on a cruise before. Are the single cruises good? We thought it would be fun, but are afraid some of them might be a bit too much like a "meat market". Any suggestions for a first time cruiser?

There will be different suggestions based on your age. Younger crowds go Carnival but older crowds start going with RCCL, Princess and even Celebrity or HAL but it all depends on age group.

I just came back from a singles cruise and it was lots of fun. I wasn't looking for someone though--just wanting to have someone to connect with because it was my first time cruising alone. I would recommend going with an organized group. There were 72 people on mine. All ages. Lots of interesting conversation even if you weren't "interested". There were a few couples that hooked up. We had cocktail parties and a scavenger hunt and virtually every night out dancing. There were also planned shore excursions. The great thing for me was doing what I wanted to do and meeting with the group when I wanted to. We always had dinner together which was very nice. Overall I would recommend the experience. It was great to have a group to be with.

I've heard that the singles cocktail party hosted by Carnival is a meat market, but my singles group was not.

I'm going with the Cruise Critic bunch next year and looking forward to that just as much.

Hi, I go alone every year and it is easy to meet a lot of new friends onboard. I am leaving on the Fascination on Dec 11th for a week of relaxation.

I am also a Wash DC F/F, and have a great time going by myself. Don't have to go with any set schedule, just go with the flow.

Whatever cruise you pick, just go for it, and have a great time. Might make a lifetime friendship.

Archived