Roll Call - Norwegian Dream 2/24/07 - 03/03/07

gmhohio

Hi,

I'm booked on this cruise as part of the Aquafest Mardi Gras Group Cruise. As the weather here in the Midwest gets worse, I know that I will definitely be ready for a Caribbean respite from winter. Is anyone else going on this cruise?

Gregg, I was wondering the same thing. I think I'm going to put in for vacation during that time.

I kinda fell in love on the Halloween cruise with one of those Kansas boys and am seriously considering the Mardi cruise.

jerij

jerij, glad to hear from you. i enjoyed meeting you on the halloween cruise. hope all is going well for you down south. hope that you do put in for the cruise. not sure which kansas boy you fell in love with, but maybe with some encouragement he will join us on the cruise as well. have a great turkey day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gregg,

I got booked last week. I don't have anyone going on this one with me as of yet. It can be difficult getting someone with a whole week off that wants to to do the same thing. Solo cruising motivates one to be a little more outgoing too.

Where did you hear there were 70 AF folks? That's not bad considering most of the cruises I've taken hardly had a handful (except for AF cruises).

I'm thinking of going to Houston on Friday and checking out the town the night before the cruise. I've never been and it's somewhere I've wanted to go.

later...

Bruce

Hey Bruce.....I have my sources. I sent you an email to let you know more about my source of information. I'm flying down to Houston on Thursday evening. It's probably the safest thing to do as one can never know what weather will be like in Ohio during February. I'll let you know more as my plans solidify.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bruce & Greg:

Patrick & Troy here. We are booking this cruise as of today. Talked with the Aquafest folks yesterday, and they said about 75 people were with the group so far. We were originally going to do RSVP, but really don't want to spend that much money at this point. We are hoping to meet some new friends and have a nice time as well.

Patrick and Troy,

Welcome aboard. I hope that you guys will enjoy the cruise. I was a first time customer of Aquafest this past fall on the Halloween Cruise. I had a really great time and I met some really nice people. I'm sure that the folks on this cruise will be just as friendly and easy to get to know as they were on the Halloween Cruise.

I have some friends from Dayton that are travelling on this cruise who are a very nice couple. They are also travelling with another couple which I haven't yet met, but everyone I know from their circle of friends are really great guys. Bruce is also a really nice guy and easy to talke to as well. It will probably be easy to get to know folks, especially with a group of 70 as opposed to a ship's passenger list 1800 or larger.

As you also pointed out too, the costs are significantly lower than an RSVP Cruise too.....so it leaves more money to play with while on cruise.

Take care and I look forward to meeting you guys on the cruise in 52 days!

• 2 weeks later...

Got our documents today via FedEx. Going through them wondering what everyone is planning on doing for shore excursions since there are no "official" ones through Aquafest - just some suggested ones. We will most likely wait to book on-board.

Is it here yet?

Hi Patrick and Tony,

Am still awaiting documents at this point. Guess the slick roads up here must have slowed up their delivery. :D

I got an email from my TA with the link to the Cruise Control and the info about the Pre Cruise party and the Party themes. Guess I have some shopping work to do now.

Usually the recommended tours are the first ones to sell out on a cruise. You may want to think about registering online for your excursion.

Are you guys coming to Houston early or driving over same day? I'm flying down on Thursday evening. In Ohio weather this time of year can be OK, bad or worse. I was afraid to risk a same day flight.

Hope I get my documents soon.

Only 30 or so days left until we're off.

Well, we just got back from the Mardi Gras shop - all kinds of trinkets and necklaces for everyone...so....when we see what we see, you will get what you get.......Mardi Gras tradition. 20 days and counting.

Sounds like you are on top of things KFCHawk62. Wish I were that organized.

I will have to make time this weekend to get some of my things together for the parties.

Not sure what the weather is like where you are, but was below zero here last night. Thinking about the warm weather down south and in the Caribbean is all that's keeping me going.

Not long until the cruise will be here. Until then....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone -

This will be our 2nd AF cruise. We are cruising with my partners younger brother and his GF, and it will be their 1st cruise, so we are looking forward to it. We upgraded to an owners suite (eat your heart out ;-)) and are really looking forward to being pampered and spoiled. We have been on many cruises and we always like the mixed crowds of AF cruises..not too straight, not too gay (and there is such a think as TOO gay boys) Atlantis and some of the party cruises just were not for us..we lived in NYC and that whole thing does not appeal to us like it did in our younger days.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Look for brent, greg, nick and ash boys!

Can't wait!

later!

One week!!! Patrick and I can't wait....We'll be leaving Friday, planning on eating some good tex-mex and then on to the pre-cruise party at Guava Lamp. Still waiting to see what excursions everyone will be taking....

Archived