jolly roger barbados

addicted cruiser

Hello everyone

Going soon on the Pearl in Jan/07 was interested in the shore excursion in Barbados the Jolly Roger pirate ship. This looks like a lot of fun but is it for someone who can barely swim, doesn't like deep water. :eek: I am going with a group and all want to do this excursion and I thought I would give it a try I will stay on pirate ship and drink well the others go swimming etc. but I have also heard that other people get so drunk that they start to push and throw others over. Is it possible to just stay on the deck and have fun or should I worry about being thrown over or maybe even have'n to walk the plank. Any one out there done this excursion before. Please advise me what to do.:confused: Also has anyone been to St lucia with NCL before and if so what shore excursions did you do.

My mother and I took this excursion in December 2005 and neither of us swim or really even drink much alcohol but we both had a great time. I don't remember the name of the beach the boat stops at but it is really nice and we spent at least an hour there. The boat anchored at sea when it was time to go to the beach and for those that didn't want to go to the beach they could stay onboard to drink and listen to the music.

The rope swing was a big hit and the NCL photographer took some really great pictures and would even take pictures with our personal camera so we wouldn't have to pay for the ones he took (although I'm not sure all the photographers are that nice!). As far as people getting really drunk, that didn't happen when we were on it and there was a variety of ages from a young boy and his father to an elderly couple. Our family usually does one of these party boat/booze cruise excursions on every vacation and this was one of my favorites.

Have a great time on the Pearl, I'll be onboard her transatlantic next month!

Archived