Multigeneration cruise to Alaska

adler223

I am considering taking a cruise on the Seven Seas MAriner this summer. My group would consist of my wife and I (40's), my parents (70's) and my active ten year old boy. I knwo the trip would probably be good for my parents but I was concerned if my son would enjoy it. Has anybody had any experience with their kids program? Are there many families on board in the summer? Thanks in adavnce

We were on Mariner last summer. While we don't have kids, I did see a pretty active kids program. I understand, from previous postings, that, while RSSC is not known for kids programs on most cruises, they do a good job on Alaska cruises due to the large number of families. As for a ten year old, I can't imagine that iceburgs, glaciers, dog sleds, totem polls, native Americans, whales, seals,bears,etc. would bore him.

I agree generally with hvsteve 1 except that on our Mariner cruise to Alaska in June this year there were only about 3 children, perhaps because it was still school time. But there is so much to see, so many exciting excursions that I cannot see a boy not loving the experience.

Archived