4 Hours in Huatulco

jlines

We were on the 10/28 sailing of the Regal Princess and were in Huatulco from about noon to 5:00pm. I like to have things arranged ahead of time if possible but was having trouble with this port. I emailed a few guys with pangas that I found through some searches. Only 1 responded and he said he could take 10 but I thought we would have 14 so I told him thanks but I'm not sure if it will work - we'll see when we get there. One of our party speaks fluent spanish so I though he could get us something once we arrived. Well due to unforseen circumstances we only had 10 on that day to tour. We got off the ship not knowing for sure what to do and lo and behold there was Valentino with a sign with my name on it and a surprise. Of course we decided to go with him and he didn't dissappoint. He took us on a tour of the bays and told us to soak it in because the next time we were there it will be all resorts - it is the new Cancun. Then we went to Entrega to snorkel and it was incredible. We have snorkeled in better spots but this did have a lot of different fish. The most amazing site though was a HUGE school of silver fish - there must have been thousands. We had never seen anythin like it.

This is a beautiful port. We felt very safe here. If you enjoy beaches then you should really look forward to this stop.

• 3 months later...
We were on the 10/28 sailing of the Regal Princess and were in Huatulco from about noon to 5:00pm. I like to have things arranged ahead of time if possible but was having trouble with this port. I emailed a few guys with pangas that I found through some searches. Only 1 responded and he said he could take 10 but I thought we would have 14 so I told him thanks but I'm not sure if it will work - we'll see when we get there. One of our party speaks fluent spanish so I though he could get us something once we arrived. Well due to unforseen circumstances we only had 10 on that day to tour. We got off the ship not knowing for sure what to do and lo and behold there was Valentino with a sign with my name on it and a surprise. Of course we decided to go with him and he didn't dissappoint. He took us on a tour of the bays and told us to soak it in because the next time we were there it will be all resorts - it is the new Cancun. Then we went to Entrega to snorkel and it was incredible. We have snorkeled in better spots but this did have a lot of different fish. The most amazing site though was a HUGE school of silver fish - there must have been thousands. We had never seen anythin like it.

This is a beautiful port. We felt very safe here. If you enjoy beaches then you should really look forward to this stop.

We will be in Huatulco in April on our Serenade Panama Canal cruise. I am not finding any info on how to arrange our own tours. Any help will be appreicated. There are 10 of us who would possibly tour together. How do we find someone like Valentino? Why is Huatulco not listed under ports? It would make info simpler to find.

Archived