Johnny Jump up or Bounce seat?

probonfire

Hello, we are taking our 7 month old twins on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Have any of you taken a Johnny Jump up (the kind that hangs from a door frame) or a jumperoo with you on your cruise?

My babies love their jumperoos and I thought maybe the hanging jump seats would be easy to pack, but I want to make sure they are compatable with the cruise door frames.

Also, any advice on other play items you brought for 7-8 month olds would be great. We purchased two light weight umbrella strollers and are leaving the double home since it is side-by-side. I also bought an over the door shoe organizer thanks to the tips I read on this site.

TIA!!

On my first cruise with my twins, I brought their bouncy chairs, which were great for naps and feeding them in the cabin - we used them alot.

A blow up pool is good for giving a bath in the shower, putting on deck with a few inches of water to splash in, or even without to have a safe place to put them down - like a portable play pen.

I brought the toys that attach to links to clip to their high chairs to avoid having to crawl under tables to retrieve thrown toys.

Disposable bibs are great on a cruise.

On our last cruise I brought a small collapsable hamper to use as a toy box in the room, and it was a great place to be able to just toss all their things.

I don't think one of the door jumpers will work because the doors don't stay open, but someone else may have an idea how it might work.

Have a great cruise!

Best,

Mia

• 3 weeks later...

Mia,

Thanks for your helpful suggestions! I have decided to take two travel (fold up) bouncy seats, a jumperoo and our FP travel swing. We booked a family suite so I am hoping the extra space will be helpful. I love the idea about the blow up pool, I bought one last week. I also bought bibsters and disposable spoons/bowls. Thanks again!

People thought I was nuts to bring all my gear when I took my girls the first time - but everyone also thought I was nuts just taking them on a cruise. The wonderful thing about a ship is you just stick some luggage tags on everything, unload it from your car, and it ends up in your cabin. The reverse is a touch more complicatd, you just have to find a porter with a cart to help you gather all your luggage & gear. I also just stuck luggage tags on two boxes of diapers.

I bet you could charge admission to watch your babies do the jumperoo out on deck!

Have a great time. With twins, you especially deserve someone else to be doing the cleaning and meal prep for awhile. That's why we're taking our third cruise right after the girls' 2nd birthday in January.

Best,

Mia

Archived