Advance Registration Question

Randy Flagg

Boy do I feel stupid. We probably should have read the paperwork a little closer. Has anybody had any experience with not sending in their advanced registration. I called NCL and they said to just bring it to the port but I wouldn't mind a little reassurance from the group since we are leaving on the Spirit tomorrow.

I know it is really our fault but I am a little peeved at NCL and our TA. I really think our TA should have mentioned that we were REQUIRED to fill out that paperwork. And NCL could make it a little clearer that it is required. When I read Advanced Registration I assumed that was just something you could do if you wanted to. Then today I read four lines down that it was required 14 days before the cruise.

But anyway, you know what happens when you assume. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I think it might be too late to do it online. I'm pretty sure that the online registration is locked about 24 hours before a sailing.

To the OP: yes, just fill out the hard-copy forms that were sent to you with your cruise docs and take them with you to the check-in counter at embarkation. It's really not a big deal, other than annoying the people directly behind you in line since it will take you longer than usual to get checked in.

BTW, how much clearer does NCL have to make it when you're told in writing that the registration form should be filled out and returned 14 days before sailing?

When our friends used a travel agent for their NCL cruise, the TA completed their registration forms and just gave them copies.

Not sure why your TA didn't handle this:confused:

Complete your hard copies at home and bring them with you to save some time at check-in.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

John,

I think it is very simple. I received quite a package of documents and books along with my tickets. I of course did not read every word. I assumed, and I think it is a fair assumption, that if there was an advance registration then there was a regular registration as well. I also assumed that you needed to send the "Advanced Registration" in 14 days prior to departure only if I wanted to take part in this advanced registration. I think it would be very simple for NCL to put the form in an envelop and print on the outside "Must Be Filled Out by All Passengers and Forwarded to NCL NO Later Than 14 Days Prior to Departure".

I do not put all the blame on NCL. I also think my TA should have informed me that there was a simple formed that was Required to be filled out. I hired the TA to simplify my booking since I was not familiar with booking a cruise. My expectations were that they would guide through the process. Obviously, filling out this form is a required part of the process.

Cosmo,

Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I would have expected a TA to do. Obviously, we will not be using this TA again.

This was simply quite a headache I didn't need with all the other pre-cruise preparations and what not. Again, I am not putting all the blame on the TA and NCL but I do think they should share in it.

John,

I think it is very simple. I received quite a package of documents and books along with my tickets. I of course did not read every word. I assumed, and I think it is a fair assumption, that if there was an advance registration then there was a regular registration as well. I also assumed that you needed to send the "Advanced Registration" in 14 days prior to departure only if I wanted to take part in this advanced registration. I think it would be very simple for NCL to put the form in an envelop and print on the outside "Must Be Filled Out by All Passengers and Forwarded to NCL NO Later Than 14 Days Prior to Departure".

I didn't mean my previous post to sound harsh. I realize none of us are perfect and that we all make mistakes. But we also know what a pitfall making assumptions can be.

Hope you have a great cruise! The Spirit is a beautiful ship.

When our friends used a travel agent for their NCL cruise, the TA completed their registration forms and just gave them copies.

Not sure why your TA didn't handle this:confused:

That's quite the full-service TA your friends have. I have never had the form filled out by a TA. I do agree, however, that the TA should at the very least inform the passenger about the requirement.

We travel many times each year - well let's say lots.

I would not want a Travel Agent to fill in the advance registration. I want to be sure the information is correct. Not meant to be a slam of TA's, just a reality.

This is why I like the ONLINE registration. I type it. Nobody is trying to read my writing and trying to type into a computer. That is where many mistakes are made.

I booked my cruise late. About 4 weeks prior to the cruise date. A week later on Saturday I went in and filled in the online registration form. On Monday I had a note from my travel agent that she had received a FAX from NCL wanting me to fill in the registration so that they could mail my travel documents. So NCL was wanting the registration info before mailing the documents. My travel documents were mailed to the Travel Agent who then mailed them to me.

Ronda

Archived