Waitlisted for 11/22 cruise

twoguyscruising

Ok here is another small issue I have a question on. Ok, we booked our 11/22 Mexico cruise a couple months ago, 4 of us two cabins (ok for 3 in each). Yesterday 2 family members called and said they wanted to go... VERY LAST MINUTE!! So our travel agent called and was told the ship was full... I called after I hung up with my TA and was told they had 1 cabin ocean view deck 5 they could give us. The customer service rep was wonderful and checked back with me about every 10 min to tell me she was doing everything she could. After about 40 min she told me that they wouldn't know until the revenue dept (closed on weekends) were going to allow it so she stated we had it wait listed. I then called my TA and she said that monday was only 2 days before the cruise and they might not let us add the 2 (1 in each) of our cabins on monday because they can close the ship off.

So here is what we did, we added 1 each to our cabins (not ideal) If I had a suite this time it would be fine but other than suites there rooms are not very large. Now, NCL said monday morning I would know if we were able to get that ocean view... but we already added them to our rooms (cost $1000) Will they allow us to move these two to thier own room for the difference (was told approx. $2200) or will they make us pay the $1000+2200=3200 for a ocean view OMG!! any thoughts or comments will be helpfull... also, I hope I didn't confuse you to much on this!! LOL

Not confusing at all! Let's see...8 in one cabin, 1 person bunking with the captain.....should work. ;)

I'm teasing, of course. I have no idea if they can do what you asked, but best of luck getting it worked out. It sounds like they really do want to help and that's at least half the battle, right? :)

that was good... I read it over and over again and I knew someone would get it.. LOL... Well, I didnt say that in one cabin is myself 40 yrs old and my 19 yr old nephew and in the other cabin are my parents. The two who we added are two of my moms sisters. So for me and my nephew adding a aunt for me and a great aunt for him will be different to say the least. Of course we our a close family and love hanging out together but 166sq ft isn't much room for 2 guys not to mention the 3rd in the room now...

I love cruising and this is my second trip on the star my first was in a AB penthouse... I am going to miss the suite life on this ship!! AGHHHHH

Well I called the upsale desk this morning (you get a person right away) and they pulled up the ship and stated there are indeed two ocean view cabins avail. Less than 2 min later I talked with my TA and she called right away and was once again told that there was nothing avail.... AGHHHH ... and because I use a TA the cruise line can't help me directly. Oh well, maybe on the day we sail there will be a empty room avail for sale (we don't care if it is a inside on the 4th floor)

last sept they wouldn't let us add MIL to any room. we had 4 rooms booked, 2 ea in 3 of them, 1 alone in an inside. MIL wanted to go within the last 2 weeks before the cruise...NO way. the ship was full. we knew that could happen, even if a bed was available...when they reach thier limit...that's it.

hope it works for you

Yeah we were told that could happen to us on Saturday so what we did is went ahead and added them to our rooms... my TA said we were very lucky and had heard of many times that they say no more passengers ship is full... So sorry that happended to your family. Well at least we have them on board and I guess we will ask once on the ship if there are any any rooms open (including the ones next to the engines LOL).. so my two aunts can have a room to themselves. I wouldn't mind paying full price if they give us one...:D

Archived