What Time Does the Fantasy Begin Boarding?

Rowan555

Josie,

Take a look at http://www.nocruiseshipparking. They will store your car, take you to your hotel, pick you up from your hotel and take you to the cruise terminal, and then pick you up from the terminal to where your car is stored.

They charge $20 for the first night and then $12 per day. We used them Oct 30 and had no problems.

Dave

Yes, that is me, in the VIP Lounge. Thanks for the compliment. I look forward to serving all the Cat 11 & 12 and Platinum guests. My co-worker and I enjoy this assignment. Sometimes during Debarkation I am at the end of the gangway to greet the passengers getting off the ship.

You might have checked us in last July, 2005, for the Sensation.

LOL! You had to deal with a rather LARGE family group in front of us.....half of them weren't with the lady that was in charge of them....she had to chase some of them down, etc. You were still very nice to them, though; but looked a tiny bit perplexed at how it was all going to be accomplished....lol! We waited patiently sitting on the cushy chairs y'all have.

I would like to find a hotel that will allow us to park our car there while we are on the ship and hopefully provide a shuttle service, do you know of any hotels offering this?

We are sailing on the Fantasy December 2nd and we booked a room at the Holiday Inn on Royal Street. They have a cruise package (Cruising the Big Easy) that includes parking. I am sharing a room with my aunt and splitting all costs so it doesn't seem too bad to me but we are paying $149.00 plus tax.

You could also use Machu Picchu (sp?) and they will let you park a day early which the cruise parking at the pier does not allow.

Hope this helps.

You could also use Machu Picchu (sp?) and they will let you park a day early which the cruise parking at the pier does not allow.

Hope this helps.

Machu Picchu is the company that operates New Orleans Cruiseship Parking.

Dave

Rok4u2, were you on the November 9th sailing. A nice man that worked the VIP sat next to me at the muster drill...was that you?

That WAS me, in the flesh. Now you can put a face to the Name (Rok4u2). :D

You are making me so jealous. I have to wait until June 30th to board. Maybe we will see you Rok4u2. We have 3 cat. 12s for our group.

I went to NO when I was younger and now there are 11 of us going. We are staying 2 days before and 4 days after to visit. The before deal is great. We have three large rooms at the Maison St. Charles historic hotel with free parking for the cruise for $99 a room.

We did not get the same great deal when we return because there is going to be a huge jazz festival the week we get back. The rooms are $160 a night, but we want to be in a nice area and not have to drive everywhere. The trolley used to run in front of the hotel, but since Katrina, it is not in operation (scheduled for opertation late '07). However, the bus line now stops there and is very inexpensive.

Happy sailing!

You are making me so jealous. I have to wait until June 30th to board. Maybe we will see you Rok4u2. We have 3 cat. 12s for our group.

I went to NO when I was younger and now there are 11 of us going. We are staying 2 days before and 4 days after to visit. The before deal is great. We have three large rooms at the Maison St. Charles historic hotel with free parking for the cruise for $99 a room.

We did not get the same great deal when we return because there is going to be a huge jazz festival the week we get back. The rooms are $160 a night, but we want to be in a nice area and not have to drive everywhere. The trolley used to run in front of the hotel, but since Katrina, it is not in operation (scheduled for opertation late '07). However, the bus line now stops there and is very inexpensive.

Happy sailing!

Looks like someone else is planning ahead, we're not going untill the fall!

I will watch for reviews when you return, I checked and it looks like a really neat hotel.

Well, I dropped my parents off for their Fantasy cruise today. 15 minutes from home to the pier, then 30 to 35 minutes of sitting in the LONG line of cars waiting to pick up, drop off, and park. Dropped them off at 10:55 AM and they were sitting down eating lunch on the Lido Deck by 11:35 AM (my dad called me to let me know how smooth the embarkation was). So we'll plan to get to the terminal by 11 next Saturday, and hopefully we'll have just as good of an embarkation experience.

It was kind of sad to see the Julia Street terminal sitting there vacant and barricaded - so many happy memories of that place, and the 4 cruises we took which started at that terminal. But the new terminal looks REALLY nice, as does the parking garage.

Tonight we were heading to some friends' house for dessert and we happened to see the Fantasy heading down the Mississippi River. I always love that sight!

9 more days. I can't wait!

Well, I dropped my parents off for their Fantasy cruise today. 15 minutes from home to the pier, then 30 to 35 minutes of sitting in the LONG line of cars waiting to pick up, drop off, and park. Dropped them off at 10:55 AM and they were sitting down eating lunch on the Lido Deck by 11:35 AM (my dad called me to let me know how smooth the embarkation was). So we'll plan to get to the terminal by 11 next Saturday, and hopefully we'll have just as good of an embarkation experience.

It was kind of sad to see the Julia Street terminal sitting there vacant and barricaded - so many happy memories of that place, and the 4 cruises we took which started at that terminal. But the new terminal looks REALLY nice, as does the parking garage.

Tonight we were heading to some friends' house for dessert and we happened to see the Fantasy heading down the Mississippi River. I always love that sight!

9 more days. I can't wait!

Me either, Rowan! We sail on same date, same ship. Can't remember and too lazy to look...LOL...did you post on the Roll Call thread for this sailing? We are all biting at the chomps!

Archived