Serenade Deck 8 or 9 Aft cabins

w8ing2cruz

We're booking WAAAAY out and have the choice of all five aft cabins on either deck 8 or deck 9. Which do you think might be the better choice. Also, within that row of cabins, which one is best. 8168 looks to have almost a wrap around but 8672 etc (the ones in the middle) seem to have deeper balconies. I'm just darned glad to be going on this cruise but I always look forward to advice from the experts. Thanks.

I think the balcony on 9256 is a bit deeper than that of 8168, but I haven't been in either, so I don't know for certain. I'd go for 9256, also because of the side view - it's not a true wraparound, but the view to portside in addition to straight aft is just terrific.

The dividers between the balconies are fixed, so they can't be removed.

As far as I know, the partitions do not come down. :rolleyes:

You really can't lose on either deck, but I say deck 9 over 8, simply because the corner aft balconies, although all shaped the same, get a bit smaller as they go down. The JS, corner aft, deck 10, is the biggest on that side and then D1 9256 below it and then 8168 and finally, 7172.

The middle aft cabin balconies are also big. They are deeper than they are wide. They too are awesome, but my favorite aft D1 cabin has always been 9256. :p

• 2 weeks later...

What about cabin 1600 (GS) on deck 10 starboard side? Is it better than 1100 (JS) or 9256 (D1) which are on the port side when doing an Alaskan cruise?

I've had 7388 (Big Balcony!) several times on the Voyager class ships but someone told me that the balconys and rooms on the Radience class ships are smaller, is that true?

Thanks, have a great day and keep smiling! CJ :) :)

Archived