Official Roll Call for Magica December 17-23

OneOfTheHoosiergirls

Fred (62) Cynthia (51) Kyle (17) & Kendall (11)

Who's up for trying ziplining on our own from Roatan? I am a little concerned about the time because I heard some one wrote they cut the time but our doc's say 8am - 4pm. YIPPEE!!!! Don't forget we are on the cave tubing.

I'm psyched for some new and different excursions. :D:D:D:D

AlanFromFL = Alan & Cathy...both 40something, getting younger every day! ;)

FYI, we just got our docs this morning...itinerary still showing Roatan 08:00 - 13:00....would have preferred a longer stay! :(

Here's the latest info that we just received:

Sun 12/17 Port Everglades 19:00

Mon 12/18 Key West 08:00 13:00

Tue 12/19 Cozumel Mexico 09:00 17:00

Wed 12/20 Belize 08:00 18:00

Thu 12/21 Roatan,Honduras 08:00 13:00

Fri 12/22 At Sea

Sat 12/23 Port Everglades 08:00

We're very excited about the cave tubing, here's wishing for warm & sunny weather the whole voyage!

Blackdogfarm, Glad to hear there will be some other Ohio-ans on board.

We also are getting excited as the cruise gets closer!

We are a party of 11 from Stow. (located about half way between Cleveland and Akron).

We have had a week of pretty decent weather for this time of year, the temps have been in the 50's/60's. I am hoping for a little snow and cold air, just to make the cruise that much more enjoyable. (and to make all of the folks not going, a little more envious)

Check out the other thread for our cruise, for details on the meet-n-greet, It would be nice to meet. We have (2) 13 year olds going with us. (1 boy/1 girl).

Hope to talk soon!

Kurt

Tracey, Simon, Katie (12) and Emily (9) from the UK. Weather here is unseasonally mild for the time of year, lots of wind and rain and only had one cold spell so far this year.

Also on the 2 back-to-back cruises (17th and 24th) so that makes three groups of us on the same two cruises.

Looks like quite a few children of around the same age.

Couple of people from Orlando also on the trip - we are staying in Orlando after the cruise. We bought a villa there last year - something we should have done years ago as we have been to Florida most years since the early 90s!

Mark, Sue , two daughters one son in law. We are all in Michigan. Anyone booking any cave tubing? The kids are looking for a group to join.

Pacific Princess 2000

Carnival Sensation 2001

Celebrity Century 2001

Carnival Pride 2002

Celebrity Mercury 2002

Holland America 2003

Carnival Pride 2004

Celebrity Century2006

Costa Magica 2006

Mark, Sue , two daughters one son in law. We are all in Michigan. Anyone booking any cave tubing? The kids are looking for a group to join.

Pacific Princess 2000

Carnival Sensation 2001

Celebrity Century 2001

Carnival Pride 2002

Celebrity Mercury 2002

Holland America 2003

Carnival Pride 2004

Celebrity Century2006

Costa Magica 2006

E-mail me on costamagicacruise@yahoo.co.uk re cave tubing.

Tracey

we just booked for tubing!!! can't wait. we booked with an outfit called X-Stream Belize Cave Tubing for $60 per person, and paid a deposit. I just noticed that cave-tubing.com is a bit cheaper, and requires no deposit. ooops! ...I hope we aren't going to get scr**ed??! we're leaving our kids (5 and 9) behind for this one...seems a bit risky for little ones.

we just booked for tubing!!! can't wait. we booked with an outfit called X-Stream Belize Cave Tubing for $60 per person, and paid a deposit. I just noticed that cave-tubing.com is a bit cheaper, and requires no deposit. ooops! ...I hope we aren't going to get scr**ed??! we're leaving our kids (5 and 9) behind for this one...seems a bit risky for little ones.

FYI...A sizeable group of us on this board are going cave tubing; see jones721's post below and check out the thread

Anyone on the Magica Dec. 17-23?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=365783

We have filled one minibus for cave tubing with Tom ***** but he is taking another vehicle - I don't know if this is now full or not as I have passed several people's details over to him. So if anyone else is interested I can ask if he has any more spaces and put you in touch. Don't know what the price was for this package, but around the $35 mark, I would think (I got a special price for our minbus as there are a few children going - $35 adults and $20 children under 13).

PTCruisers, I have everyone's cabin number now for our party of 16 - can you send me yours? E-mail above. Thanks,

I re-booked with *****....I agree, Major Tom seems like the best bet. $35 per adult, no extra charges, no BS. The other company kindly allowed me to cancel and voided my deposit. Then they sent me a scary email warning me of the dangers of booking with anyone else!!! Now I don't think I'll be able to sleep......:eek: mommy???

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this message board/forum so I hope I hit the right button to reply correctly. I discovered the forum today and really enjoy everything I have read so far.

My wife and I are booked on the Costa Magica departing from Port Everglades on Sunday December 17th. This is only our second cruise. Our first was for 14 days in 1994. We went from San Juan through the Panama Canal up to LA with all the usual stops. It was great but I am embarrassed to say I can’t remember the name of the ship. My only complaint was I ate too much because the food was very good and it ruined my waistline. I am not going to let that happen again.

We picked Costa Magica because we live in Fort Lauderdale and we wanted to get away for a week and relax and leave the driving to someone else. <g> So we looked for a cruise leaving from Port Everglades. We also wanted to visit the western Caribbean since we have been to some of the eastern Caribbean destinations and wanted to learn more about the western end.

For Cozumel we are interested in the 8 hour Mayan excursion. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions besides comfortable shoes and bug spray?

For Belize City (8-6 pm) with violent crime a problem, I have some safety concerns. Can anyone put my fears to rest? We plan on taking the city tour but there is a fort there I hope to have time to visit if not included on the city tour.

From the Lonely Planet website: “Despite its chill-out persona, Belize is high in violent crime, with a murder rate six times that of the US. Much of that is confined to Belize City, but armed robbery, and to a lesser extent, sexual attacks on tourists are increasingly common in the in the Mountain Pine Ridge area and the ruins near the Guatemala border.

For Roatan (8-1 pm), we are favoring the West End Island Tour “An experienced naturalist guide will accompany you on an easy walk through the jungle garden path of the Carambola Botanical Garden, offering insights...” I am all for easy walks. Has anyone done this before?

FWIW, I shoot (and sometimes edit) a lot of video. I always like to get home and see if I had a good time. <g>

We look forward to meeting you all and enjoying our cruise.

This is our first cruise with Costa. I wanted to take my husband and kids (14 y/o daughter and 12 y/o son) on a tubing trip in Belize. Does anyone have the name of a reliable company that has good feedback?

Also, what are some fun things to do in Roatan??

Thanks for the help!!

Hi Rick and Sherry, 4Georgia & Florida1947, Welcome aboard! The thread is has been kinda quiet for the past week, I think everyone is busy trying to cram Christmas and the cruise into the same month.

We also thought the itenerary was pretty cool, we are looking forward to Belize and Roatan, as we have never been to either. We love Key West, and even though it will be a short stay, we will enjoy it.

We have not booked, or even planned any excursions yet. We are traveling with 4 kids between 9 & 15 yrs old, and their Grandmother, so we will wait and see what everyone feels like doing once we get there, and just wing it. I realize that we may be limited in our choices by waiting to the last minute, but we are on vacation, and I want to be able to be flexible.

Check out the other thread for our cruise, for details on the meet-n-greet, It would be nice to meet.

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the welcome remarks. My office is only a few miles from Port Everglades and I hoped to swing by there today to check out the loading process. But I got busy and was watching the webcam while the Costa Magica was at the dock which was pretty neat. And I wasn't sure I could get past the port security checkpoint without a ticket or boarding pass. Gone are the days when you could drive out the quays and gawk at the ships. Well, a week from now we will all be relaxing and hopefully de-stressing.

Penn

Gotta love those web cams! I find myself checking them everyday.

Somehow, I dont think they will be as interesting when we get back from our trip.

Yes!!! one more week. It's gonna be a long one at work.:(

Can't wait for the warm weather, we have already had a pretty good taste of snow and winter. The bad news is, when we get back, still 3 more months of cold. But, I won't be thinking of that anymore until the trip home.

Kurt

Archived