Wet Lizard Tours

tntfox

Does anyone have any experience with Wet Lizard Tours? We're looking to do some snorkeling on Belize with a non-cruiseline company toward the end of February and are having a heck of a time making a decision as to who to go with!!!!! Any input is appreciated.

Thanks! :D

Does anyone have any experience with Wet Lizard Tours? We're looking to do some snorkeling on Belize with a non-cruiseline company toward the end of February and are having a heck of a time making a decision as to who to go with!!!!! Any input is appreciated.

Thanks! :D

We were just there on Nov. 22nd, booked with Coral Breeze and they contract with Hammerhead Sports to conduct their tours. They meet in front of the Wet Lizard if that is the same thing that you are referring to. We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the tour, it created some very wonderful memories for us. For more information regarding the various tour options that they offer go to Coral Breeze Limited dot com and scroll through their web site. We did the shark/ray alley snorkeling tour and it was everything that we hoped that it would be. I hope it works out for you.

Randy

we did the Bannister Island, Snorkel and Manatee Watch. My first point is that the snorkeling was nothing like I have ever done before. I have snorkeled in Hawaii and other parts of Mexico. This was open water snorkeling and very difficult for those who where not strong swimmers. The swells were flooding the snorkels of a few people which made for a uncomfortable trip for them. A few of the people got in the water and then right back out again. For the first 15 minutes we saw nothing but the reef...no fish. But then a different guide started telling us to follow him and he took us to a different part of the reef where there was tons of fish and things to see. This was not free snorkeling but a follow the leader type of excursion. I spent more time trying to follow the guy with the yellow float then looking at fish. Needless to say, I would not book this tour again. My second point is that we waited 45 minutes in the boat waiting for more customers and that time was taken from our beach time.

We spent a lot of time trying to find one manatee which we did but you get a better look at them at the reserve in Florida. Just my two cents.

I have been on 8 cruises and ALWAYS book my own excursions before I get to a port. I will start with the positive all of thier staff was extrememly nice. BUT the main lady at the Wet Lizard (coral breeze) waited 45min on another group,which took a lot of our time. This is the ONLY bad experience I have had over the years. All that being said once we got on our trip it was great EXCEPT my dive was cut short due to the late start.

Hope this helps

Archived