Electrical Converters Necessary in FP ??

HollyK

We are staying one day pre-cruise and two post-cruise in FP at hotels. Do I need to get a converter or two? If so, is there any special type I need to buy? Never dealt with this issue before so I'm kinda lost. :confused:

Help/advice much appreciated.

Yes - you will need a converter in FP. I got one several years ago that included a number of different plugs..two-prong, three-prong, flat, round, etc. I got mine through Travelsmith, but I think you can get one at WalMart.

I bought a world kit at walmart and it comes with all sorts of great plug ins and converters for travel all over the world. If you don't have a converter/transformer, none of your electric items will work. Now you can buy things like blow dryers and curling irons that are 110/220 but you will still need an adapter after changing the setting on them to plug them in.

I had wondered a while back why I had never seen this question posted before or it mentioned in most reviews. :rolleyes:

We are staying one day pre-cruise and two post-cruise in FP at hotels. Do I need to get a converter or two?

No converter was necessary at the Sheraton in Papeete, as there were both 110 and 220 outlets available in the rooms there. I suspect that's probably the case for most if not all of the larger "chain" hotels.

All of the hotels in FP either have 110/220 outlets built in or will give you a converter from the front desk. No need to lug more stuff with you. You don't need them on the ship because everything is 110 on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Folks for all the info! I think I'll check out Walmart for that "World Kit" Toto. Although it sounds as though I don't really need it for this trip, it would be handy to have as Europe is somewhere in our future. ;) I'm sure I'll need it then.

Archived