FINALLY! a decision! Cruising NCL Sun to Hawaii!

dianeh

Yipee! The decison has been made! We are going to cruise Sept 16 out of Vancouver to Hawaii, to celebrate my 50th birthday! How cool is that????

I would like some advice on cabin selection please, I see there are 2 sizes for the balcony rooms: Viking deck BC has 173 sq ft with a 48 sq ft balcony, and the Fjord, Norway BD cat as well as the Viking BE cat have cabins that are 150 sq ft with larger balconies of 85 sq ft.

What side of the ship should we be on?

Are the balcony's very windy?

I know I'll have more questions later but for now I need the advice of CC experts!

Thanks everyone for answering my MANY questions to bring about this final decison. Finally I can sleep at night and dream about our trip next year!

Diane

Sorry Diane, can't help you with the cabin selection question you have but I hope you have a great time! The Sun is a good selection.

BTW-You think the sleepless nights are over...LOL

Now you get to spend every possible moment looking at pictures of the ship & Hawaii, checking out the menus (the new ones from the Dawn have been posted-yours could be a lot like them) and making excursion plans!!!

It's all good!

-Monte

Should be a fabulous cruise! We did the Wind repo cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii this past September. We've been on the Sun before on a Western Carribean cruise out of Miami - it's a great ship. Since the Sun is set up for freestyle there shouldn't be the dining complaints the Wind had - long lines, etc. The 5 days across the Pacific is when the lines seemed to happen - people were on somewhat the same schedule. With the Sun there are many more dining options. Have a great time!

Beth

I was on the Star in April 06 to Mexico/Carib. I feel that the best cabins are in the aft section. U get the least amount of wind back there which means more time on your balcony :-) I was in cabin #9076 with my husband an AC Suite it was awesome. It had tree room a bedroom a bathroom and a sitting room. My SIL & BIL were next to us in a regular balcony cabin. It was very nice also. Not as big but very nice.

minimom:) :) :)

Archived