Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

Not Correct. I have done just as the previous poster described. Drive up the north road to the area where the watter taxi departs, and pay cash to the rep. that is on location. Don't believe every thing your guide tells you.

Wow, I learned something new today.

• 1 month later...

I went to the website but it seems to be down...tried emailing and that would not go thru either. Does anyone know the cost of the Beach VIP excursion? It seems to include a bus ride there from cruise ship? How far is it from the cruise docks? Do they limit the number of people that go there per day? Lots of questions I know :o...sorry. Info very much appreciated! :p

Hey there, just got done posted on the post right above this one on same topic, seems their website is being updated, but you can go to the other post and finds lots of info... Cost is $70 per person and space is limited. but go now and maybe you find info and book intime.. Good luck I hear it is an AWESOME place!!

We have done this excursion several times and have always enjoyed it. I rarely ever advise someone to take the ship's excursion but on this one I would. You have to travel by bus, jeep, taxi or van a pretty good ways on a rough and dirt road and then board a pontoon (small) boat to get over to the island. The ride in the boat is a short one but too many things can break down and go wrong and we have always just taken the ship excursion on this one cause in the event of something going wrong at least the ship will not leave you if you are on a ship sponsored excursion

We have been to Coz several (15 +) in the last 10 yrs and the last 6 or 7 times we have just grabbed a taxi and gone to Paradise Beach. IMO it is just as good, if not better than Passion Island.

We have done this excursion several times and have always enjoyed it. I rarely ever advise someone to take the ship's excursion but on this one I would. You have to travel by bus, jeep, taxi or van a pretty good ways on a rough and dirt road and then board a pontoon (small) boat to get over to the island. The ride in the boat is a short one but too many things can break down and go wrong and we have always just taken the ship excursion on this one cause in the event of something going wrong at least the ship will not leave you if you are on a ship sponsored excursion

We have been to Coz several (15 +) in the last 10 yrs and the last 6 or 7 times we have just grabbed a taxi and gone to Paradise Beach. IMO it is just as good, if not better than Passion Island.

I guess you can ignore this-I just read that Carnival no longer offers the excursion-I wonder why?

This was one of the few Carnival excursions we have done and loved it! We got a buffet lunch of local food which was awesome, open bar and beach! Couldn't ask for more! Well, except a little more time!:D

This is one of the beaches where they shoot Carona commercials!

This was one of the few Carnival excursions we have done and loved it! We got a buffet lunch of local food which was awesome, open bar and beach! Couldn't ask for more! Well, except a little more time!:D

This is one of the beaches where they shoot Carona commercials!

The guacamole at Passion Island was the best I have ever had and I think in my lifetime I have eaten my weight in guacamole. The drinks are better at Paradise Beach tho.

WE did Passion Island with Carnival several years ago. It was wonderful, not crowded, good food and all the Corona or mixed drinks you could drink. We did a lot of laughing on the way back to the ship! I had heard Passion Island took a bad hit from one of the storms a year or two ago.

WE did Passion Island with Carnival several years ago. It was wonderful, not crowded, good food and all the Corona or mixed drinks you could drink. We did a lot of laughing on the way back to the ship! I had heard Passion Island took a bad hit from one of the storms a year or two ago.

Its better now more that ever...

I have done quite a bit of research on this excursion. We are a family of 4 that will be in Coz in June, and we all want to do "the Twister" to Passion Island. The only place I could find this excursion was thru Carnival, until I read these boards! Now I have found the tour operator that offers several options on how to enjoy your day there.

You can go to tourcozumel(dot)com to visit their web site (it is currently being worked on, but should be fully operational within a week) or contact Carrie at tourcozumel@hotmail.com. (Tell her Kim sent you) She is fantastic! I have talked to her many times this week...she has answered every email immediately and answered every question I could think of. They can only offer the "Twister" (a high-powered speedboat that gives you a thrill ride - complete with 360's - and then whisks you to the island) if you book 10-20 people...otherwise it is only available thru Carnival. However, Carnival doesn't provide food or drinks with this excursion. Carrie's group rate (per person) is lower than what Carnival charges pp AND includes food & drinks! You can also get there by Jeep (which includes the Mexican Buffet) or go by bus/boat on the VIP Tour (includes the Buffet and open bar). I am definately going to book with them...just looking for more people to fill 6 seats for the Twister (otherwise, we are doing the VIP Tour)! Let us know how it turns out!! ;)

How long will you be in Cozumel? These excursions take approx 5 hours, so you should have no problem. Carrie said that they have never had any issues getting passengers back to their ship late. BTW, Carnival isn't offering Passion Island anymore because they had contract issues and couldn't come to an agreement on pricing...I believe they wanted a bigger piece of the pie.

Hope this info helps you.........

Huge mis conception, the tour offered now is alot different than the one the ship offered.

How so? We have done this through the ship 2 different times and loved it. Explain the differences. Is it just price or the new way to get there. We had to do the bus/ferry thing. Thanks for any info you can give me. We are planning to do this again this June if at all possible.

How so? We have done this through the ship 2 different times and loved it. Explain the differences. Is it just price or the new way to get there. We had to do the bus/ferry thing. Thanks for any info you can give me. We are planning to do this again this June if at all possible.

Price is a big one. Time spent on the island, the owners is spending alot of money to updrade the road, and service staff has been increased.

Price is a big one. Time spent on the island, the owners is spending alot of money to updrade the road, and service staff has been increased.

That is great news! That was one bumpy road. The price difference is a plus too. I can't wait to see that water again.

That is great news! That was one bumpy road. The price difference is a plus too. I can't wait to see that water again.

Yes the bumpy road is being upgraded, im not sure when you went but because it is dirt/sand, rain takes its toll on it. Im heading that way on the 27th so ill check on it and report back.

Yes the bumpy road is being upgraded, im not sure when you went but because it is dirt/sand, rain takes its toll on it. Im heading that way on the 27th so ill check on it and report back.

ken~

Can't wait to hear your report on Passion Island and all the upgrades that Carrie has been telling me about.

lgbteacher~

I would LOVE to hear about your past experiences there. From what I have heard...if you liked it before, you are gonna LOVE it now! (Many upgrades are being done to the road and amenities, while keeping the costs down.)

Archived